TR4 fitting my new sunvisors

Hi ,

This is a silly question  i have just purchased Sun visor brackets from Tony Sheach and visors from John Skinner.

1) Do i fit the brackets with self-tapping screws?

2) The visors (which are amazing) how do they fit into the brackets? as there are no holes.

Said it was a daft question.

Thanks Maggie

sunvisors.jpg

Hi Maggie,

look here   HERE  at #56 & #57   If you can't see where the screws go you may need to poke around with a pointy scriber to find them.

You will need to make holes in the ends of the blinds to insert the rods - they push in.

Start with the centre bracket - the others will follow.

Roger

If possible, have a look at another TR4 in a meeting of your Local Group - it will help clarify your thoughts, and particularly the location of the screw holes.

It's quite a while since I unscrewed the brackets for my visors, but Moss item 74 is AB606051, which is described as:

Screw, self tapping, No.6 x 5/8", pozidrive pan head, plated.

Ian Cornish

3 minutes ago, BlueTR3A-5EKT said:

Are there not some type of spire clips set in the screen frame to accept the self tappers?
I seem to recall having to supply them when selling a new screen frame

Peter W

Yes - items 56 & 57 as stated above.

If you find that the location does not have the spire clip then it can be fitted, although a bit delicate.

Locate the square hole where the clip goes and make a thin cut in the vinyl (if it is fitted) the clip can then be slid into  the square cut-out through the slit.

Roger

15 hours ago, tr graham said:

Those visors do not look correct for a 4 think they are for a 4a with the cranked mountings .

graham

Correct they are 4a ones.

Stuart.

16 hours ago, brenda said:

Looks like J Skinners fit both 4 and 4a.

Mike redrose group 

5777B6BD-2AC5-4C01-A1AF-2B97AF7E16C8.jpeg

If you look at the 4a mountings you can see they are cranked to suit the way that visor is made so it doesnt foul on the header rail. TR4 ones are thinner in depth and the bar just goes through under the top edge

Stuart.

Hi Maggie

PM me your email address and I’ll get some pictures of an original visor and where it plugs in - you need to pierce the Skinner visor to find the tube inside into which the steel bar slides in.

The visors you have so fit both 4 and 4a I’m told, but the 4a needs cranked arms to clear the hood catches and the visors sit about 3/4 of an inch away from the top bar in the screen surround. The TR4 doesnt have these hood catches so the slight crank in the mount is enough to allow the visor to turn cleanly off the top edge.

if you’re close to me bring them round and I’ll help you.

Regards

Tony 

On 9/25/2022 at 6:39 PM, TR4Tony VC said:

Hi Maggie

PM me your email address and I’ll get some pictures of an original visor and where it plugs in - you need to pierce the Skinner visor to find the tube inside into which the steel bar slides in.

The visors you have so fit both 4 and 4a I’m told, but the 4a needs cranked arms to clear the hood catches and the visors sit about 3/4 of an inch away from the top bar in the screen surround. The TR4 doesnt have these hood catches so the slight crank in the mount is enough to allow the visor to turn cleanly off the top edge.

if you’re close to me bring them round and I’ll help you.

Regards

Tony 

Hi Tony, Hopefully they will fit. I live in Somerset not sure if thats near you.

email: hawkinsm_98@yahoo.com

Hi, no not near but I’ll email you !

The visors are the same way around as mine. The gap in the middle is for the RVM.

Ideally the outer cut-out could be shorter to fill out the exposed rods.

If cranked rods were used then it would fit more precisely

Roger

Edited by RogerH
38 minutes ago, RogerH said:

The visors are the same way around as mine. The gap in the middle is for the RVM.

Ideally the outer cut-out could be shorter to fill out the exposed rods.

If cranked rods were used then it would fit more precisely

Roger

Thats why I dont think theyre correct for TR4

Stuart