For a complete Laycock 3 piece clutch kit, not used, I would bite someones hand off for £200! I would expect a genuine NOS or properly reconditioned 3 piece kit to be well north of £300

Put me down for one if you've got one Conrad for £200!

cheers Rich

I like to sell things  Rich  !!!  Heheheh.

People already think that stuff is far too expensive....but as i say, you just find another one  !!  

I do have a Laycock drive plate Rich.    

Cheers,  Conrad.

I only tend to use Laycock cover/clutches and do manage to find old stock but £200 was the going rate a couple or so years ago.

Interested to learn that the Satch clutch cover is light in use.

Regards Harry.

Edited by harrytr5

Yes Conrad put me down for a cheap £200  NOS Laycock clutch assembly too please. Realistically for a now rare 3 piece Laycock set you would have to find £450.

Not so common nowadays you know.

Alan G

This is the genuine Laycock unit and its priced at £327, proper blue daub of paint signifying a Laycock TR clutch cover application. OK then try to find an NOS Laycock drive plate !

Not easy.

Alan G

Hi all

just to add …. The plates and covers regularly come up on eBay and at autojumble and a lot of what you see is reconditioned, not new old stock - £450 is way to much for that shown above I’m my opinion. Reconditioned plates in particular can be more trouble that a cheap B&B unit.

I sold a NOS cover in its box for £200 and a couple of plates for £80 to £100 over the last year so I would have thought £300 for the two is fair. A nice bearing (£50 ish) and that’s a decent kit.

For £450 or upwards there are some far better clutch kits available, better action, take more power and torque / last longer and new, not reconditioned - I know the old Laycock stuff is good, but it’s not that good - certainly from my experience.

Regards

Tony

Top dollar !

Important Information

Please familiarise yourself with our Terms and Conditions. By using this site, you agree to the following: Terms of Use.