That really is the end of an era

He will be missed by the whole world, a complete gentleman, often voted the best dressed man in the business and pretty much the only one without an ego. Only met him briefly many years ago when I was working for the Who group as the Stones used to keep their equipment at Shepperton studios where we were based and one of my good friends was Ronnie Woods guitar tech.

RIP Charlie :(

Stuart.

Oddly, I've read he was a jazz drummer at heart, and didn't particularly enjoy The Stones music that much. A modest character who never sought stardom, which makes him even more appealing in my opinion.

Keith Richards commented that if you had Charlie Watts behind you, it was a backbeat you could depend on. A great loss, and a pity some of our most talented musicians and performers are now facing the threat of old age. RIP Charlie.

Kevin 

https://theconversation.com/how-rolling-stones-drummer-charlie-watts-infused-one-of-the-greatest-rock-n-roll-bands-with-a-little-jazz-166719

Yes, jazz was his passion, the Stones the day job. But didnt he do it extraordinarily well !

Peter

56 minutes ago, Peter Cobbold said:

https://theconversation.com/how-rolling-stones-drummer-charlie-watts-infused-one-of-the-greatest-rock-n-roll-bands-with-a-little-jazz-166719

Yes, jazz was his passion, the Stones the day job. But didnt he do it extraordinarily well !

Peter

:wub: