Malvern 2017: Concours, PofO & Survivors Results

Hi Andrew (George)....

Have got to say what a huge effort you put in to get the show on the road, backed up by judges etc and the car owners themselves.

No wonder it all seems to go so smoothly....

Hats off to you,

All the best,

Conrad.

Well done, Andrew -- the award trophies and plaques look terrific! Congratulations to everyone, especially those taking home honors.

• 2 weeks later...

Up to now I have ignored the polishers hall as stuffy and boring.

Andrew invited my pennant as a survivor and I really enjoyed the weekend !

Three trips into the arena and the chance to talk about TOT Been in the family since 1958 - she was my grandad's car (grandma always sat in the back !).

Then Mum used it and picked me up from school. Became my student car for a while and subsequently dad gave her to me when Tom was a baby.

Fun to drive - even with fuel issues on the way home, shame the AA took 3 hours to pick me up - busy night apparently !

I deviate - the weekend became much more enjoyable as I joined in. Not just camp and park a car, same when we have managed to bring the drag car - it all seems worth the effort as you chat to more people that you did not know before.

Many thanks Andrew - do hope others join survivors or perhaps we could add a modified category / display to attract the unusual cars V8 6, supercharged etc?

Diane's post prompted me to check how long we have owned our current TR3A. It will be 40 years on 9th November. Not a survivor as it has been rebuilt but is still virtually standard with a few minor mods. I wonder how many other long-term owner cars are still in regular use. I always enjoy chatting to other owners of similar cars at the IWE and comparing the little changes that we all make over the years but most cars are just parked up and left unattended for most of the weekend.

Edited by BrianC

It'll be 36 years in August on July 31 that I've owned my TR3B, Brian.

Edited by Don H.

" most cars are just parked up and left unattended for most of the weekend. "

Yes, and without so much as even a single A4 page of notes to tell onlookers anything at all about the car . . . . . .

We get out what we put in . . . . and as individual attendees then most of us don't put a lot in . . . . not to IWE, and not to most other car events that we attend.

Cheers,

Alec