Mike, I fear that you will get little feedback. There is nothing to look at! :wacko: Which is why your thread is so quiet!! :P

I have to say I don't see the point in an open car ?!

But that's just me.

I saw jay leno garage program do his daimler sp250 and he lined the whole thing in dynamat

Or some such thing.

H

Mike,

I have not bothered using anything on my TR5 but I have deadened my Defender 100 nicely using Dynamat Extreme plus dynamat/dynaliner where required.

Very nice in a Landie, but you need to find and fill all holes first. Now my fan heater is louder than the engine at tickover.

Also used a lead mat on the engine.

The dynamat stuff has stayed stuck on....

Snowy

There is a difference between sound deadening and vibration damping.

I use the foil backed product which is NOT bitumen based.

It is used to stop vibration/resonance on large flat panels such as door skins floors, bonnets boot lids etc and hard tops.

It does not deaden sound per se.

For sound insulation, ie making the cockpit quieter you need an absorbing material such as felt or a modern equivalent.

Thus it is probable that you will use both types of material to achieve the desired outcome.

BTW I have forgotten the name of the vibration damping I use but it is expensive and very very effective as you only need to use small sections to achieve the required damping. I have some ready for my 3a and I will look at the name on the box for you.