Exhaust ceramic sprat question

Has anyone had this done at a reasonable cost, I found one firm in Didcott, but they wanted £340 for a pair of 4 into 1 ex manifolds!!

Fro Sprat read spray!!!

Edited by pfenlon

I enquired at Zircotec in Abingdon about my tubular 6 branch manifold.

Approx £5-600!!

It does look good, and I know someone who had it done, V happy with it.

But £600!!!!??

Until I win the lotto, I won't get it done, I think.......

Hi Pete,

I had mine done by Camcoat in Warrington in 2007 (or there abouts) at the time it cost about £230.

The finish has lasted very well. I had it done in a stainless steel type finish.

For this type of coating cheap isn't a good move

Roger

Pete,

There was an article about ceramic coatings in a recent(ish) issue of TR Action, including details of a discount available to TRR members.......

Mike

(I'd look it up, but it would mean disturbing a large pile of mags on the floor - SHMBO expects them to be gone soon!)

Just sent mine (Phoenix from TR shop) off to Camcoat.

The quoted me £140 + Vat = £168 plus £16 + vat postage total = £187

This was for two internal coats.

Bob.

Yes the offer was from Zircotec in Abingdon, tel. 01235 546050. www.zircotec.com See Wayne Scott's article on pp36-39 of the January 2015 TRaction. I had my TR4A Phoenix manifold coated with their "Performance white" system in June. The net cost was £348 including one way shipping and the dreaded VAT. At the time Register members qualified for a 15% discount as I recall.

I am very pleased with the appearance of the coated manifold, it is far and away the best feature under my hood! For me the best thing is not having to replace the dreadful wrap at regular intervals after it has crumbled to bits. It's purely subjective of course but in terms of under hood temperature control the coating seems at least as effective as the wrapping solution.

Tim