At our local group meeting this evening it was mentioned that Classic Oils of Aylesbury is now listing the ZDDP content of all the oils it offers. As I understand it, this information is often difficult to come by, so looks to be useful (at least for those that have a good understanding of all this stuff).

I've never purchased from them, so I can't comment on the service, but I hope this information is of use . . . http://www.classic-oils.net/Oils-by-Application-and-Type/Four-Stroke-Engine-Oils/

Darren

I've been getting my lubricants from them for a few years - very helpful and competitive prices. They sell much more than oil at the shop which is more of a hardware and tool store.

If collecting, you need to order on-line first to take advantage of the web price.

Jerry

I have purchased oil from them on several occasions both at shows and on line and as Jerry says I also found them to be helpful and cheaper on average.

Plus their range has just about anything we may want.

Roger

Hi Dave,

I've had a quick look around their website and I cannot see what you are looking for, and I think I've heard it said that they do not sell ZDDP. Is it something like ZDDPlus that you are looking for?

Darren

Hi Darren

Yes ! That´s it, I used to get mine direct from Yankee Land.

To our friends and colleagues over the pond, have a nice Uncle Sam´s Birthday, We enjoyed Canada Day 3 days ago.

Dave

Hi Dave,

I don't think that Classic Oils sells ZDDPlus and I did hear somewhere that it's difficult to find in the UK, but a web-search found this supplier - http://www.frost.co.uk/zddplus-anti-wear-oil-additive.html. I've not had any dealings with this firm, so cannot tell you anything about their service.

Darren

There own brand is high in ZDDP I think I will get some at the restoration show,good enough for the moggy traveller? Spitty needs a bit thicker as either center main bearing or camshaft bearings have a bit to much clearance.

Roger

If anybody uses Valvolene VR1 then keep an eye on Euro-carparts as they do very special deals every now and then 2 x 5Ltr = £47 or there abouts.

Roger

Last time I ordered 'special offer' VR1 from eurocarparts they cancelled the order as they didn't actually have any :-o

Normal service from them is good, free shipping too.

Steve

Engine Break-In Oil Additive from COMP can be used in UK instead

widely availiable for example from Real Steel.

Do not wonder about the name, it is mainly ZDDP and can be used all the engines lifetime.

Hi Darren

Thanks for that info. At £10.00 a bottle they can keep it, I got 5 bottles for €85.00 last time from the States, delivered Spain.

Many thanks for the effort you put in to try to help me.

Dave

Isn't $85.00 £54.00 today? so about the same with £6.25 delivery (£56.25)?

Hi Darren

Thanks for that info. At £10.00 a bottle they can keep it, I got 5 bottles for €85.00 last time from the States, delivered Spain.

Many thanks for the effort you put in to try to help me.

Dave

You're welcome Dave. Looks like it's widely available on Ebay (out of the US) for around £41.00 (for 5 bottles) shipped. Difficult to always get the best price with fluctuating exchange rates.

Cheers, Darren

Edited by TR5tar