Original gear lever Triumph TR2 below chassis 2800

Hello,

I am looking for some real pictures from a gear lever for a Triumph TR2 before chassis number 2800, it seems that is a 2 piece unit.

I have search on the internet but can not find a real picture only drawings. Has someone a real picture.?

Regards

Robin

Is it possible to fabricate an s-shaped lever, i.e., bring the knob backwards away from the dash - which i hit all of the time with my ham fists

Is it possible to fabricate an s-shaped lever, i.e., bring the knob backwards away from the dash - which i hit all of the time with my ham fists

That's because your knob is too big! this is not an unsolicited endorsement, just an observation that you have an after-market knob......rather than the small but perfectly formed original. :lol:

The wife thought my new larger gear knob looked quite nice - its made of 'wood' you know. I'm sure I still had the same problem with the previous one too. I can always screw it back on and see.

The wife thought my new larger gear knob looked quite nice - its made of 'wood' you know. I'm sure I still had the same problem with the previous one too. I can always screw it back on and see.

Well you can't blame a woman for wanting wood......perhaps it's your hand that is too big?

Unfortunately the PO has cut and shut my early two piece lever by about an inch and dispite great effort I have been unable to split it. Cleaned up the messy welding and it will have to do for now.

I also have hands like shovels and tend to short grip below the the knob. Easy smooth action does help.

I have a bent shaft and I never bash my hand when manipulating my knob in the car. I had to get it red hot first then a simple bend. I forgot to mention it is from a Dolly and I also had to cut it as well

Cheers

Alan