Hi

As I'm replacing my water pump etc I am also replacing the rusty return pipe from the heater. I think I've read a post on fixing an olive onto the end of the pipe to stop the hose popping off. Question is what did they use ? I've tried a search and didn't have any joy. I've got some JB Weld thought that might do it.

Any ideas ? Mark

What the hell did Olive ever do to you?

Use plumbers solder and sweat it on with a blowlamp. Get the copper solder olive and not the compression type but you may have to search for one the right imperial size.

Hi Mark,

if you used the mild steel pipe and have TRouble with Olive then you could simply solder a ring of copper wire around it - very easy.

If you use Stainless steel then you will need some very fancy flux.

Do as Neil says.

Roger

Hi Mark

I don´t know what diameter you need but I have brass compression olives in 1/4¨Dia pipe and 5/16¨dia pipe. I used a 1/4¨for the fuel pipe where it enters the fuel pump, but that is copper pipe.

Dave