I've taken the bumpers off my TR4

Looks great to my eyes

But I want to store the (very good) chrome bumpers so they don't deteriorate

Any recommendations

Graze

A good clean, wax polish and then a tub of Vaseline spread over them.Wrapping them in paper or rags, etc will promote surface rust.

Store them in a dry loft if you can, laid on top of sheets of brown paper.Apply the Vaseline in the loft, otherwise it might get messy if the blades slip through your hands !!

If it's long term storage, check on them every now and then.Put a note on the calendar.

That's my input...other alternatives will be along shortly !!

Bob

Lightly oiled and wrapped in cling film is how I stored mine.

You need to be sure that the wrapping if any is free from Chlorine compounds.

Quite a lot of paper isn't because they bleach the wood-pulp.

This can give rise to Hydrochloric acis over time.

I have loads of unplated steel items and found out the problema with paper and cardboard contacting steel as time goes by.

These days I use polythene, VPI paper and oil.

I'd echo Ian's comments about Denso-unbeatable if a bit messy. It comes in an impregnated hessian type roll. Cable jointers used to wrap live cable ends in it and then bury them. It would stand up for years without any trouble-sometimes longer if they got forgotten about.

I've used it to wrap the hand brake clevis pins and adjusting nuts on my GT6. After several years I had to unwrap it as part of the rear suspension rebuild and everything was as good as new.

I don't think you need to use clingfilm as well though-seems a bit like overkill to me.

Alan.

I'd echo Ian's comments about Denso-unbeatable if a bit messy. It comes in an impregnated hessian type roll. Cable jointers used to wrap live cable ends in it and then bury them. It would stand up for years without any trouble-sometimes longer if they got forgotten about.

I've used it to wrap the hand brake clevis pins and adjusting nuts on my GT6. After several years I had to unwrap it as part of the rear suspension rebuild and everything was as good as new.

I don't think you need to use clingfilm as well though-seems a bit like overkill to me.

Alan.

You'd need something to keep the Denso from sticking to everything!

Airing cupboard worked well for me, no preservative coating, went in 1993 came out 2011, good as new. Took some ear ache off the wife though!

Bob.

You'd need something to keep the Denso from sticking to everything!

That was the point of the cling film - Denso tape is evil stuff to handle, wear latex gloves, sticks like s**t to a blanket is an understatement.