Another TR5 for sale ?

I have a friend who has had a TR5 tucked away in his garage for over 40 yrs. The body/chassis require some tlc but engine etc have all been rebuilt (all be it 10 yrs ago) but he has at least 8 new/unused Stanpart wings (2 for each corner) bonnet 2 boot lids, and the list goes on. All new PI equipment (new not refurbished) new Rostyle wheel hubs, badges etc. When the local dealership spres department closed down in the early 80's he bought most of there TR5 stock

Will he sell it no..... I've been trying for years. He does plan to restore one day

Edited by paul7

Paul

Suggest the way 5 prices are going your friend auctions his 5 and panels and other parts

and retires to the Bahamas… Bill Piggott recently sold 4 Stanpart wings in 10 minutes for

the asking price.

Rob

I phoned up about this auction - I live in the part of Devon where they're holding the auction. Apparently the TR5 has been dry-stored for years but still runs OK and it's down at the garage getting an MOT. It needs paint and interior work - as the guide price of £10k-£13k indicates - but it's allegedly fairly sound. Sounds like a good buy for someone who can do the restoration themselves, but too much work for me. I'll go to the auction though as they seem to have some interesting stuff.

originally green with red interior now red with black interior. Still should go for a goodly figure I guess?

Alan

• 3 weeks later...

Yes Mummas and Puppas, Bobby Womack wouldn't have soiled his hands with close harmony Calif stuff. Think All Over Now and Across 110 Street !!!

£22k? Crikey. Did that include the buyer's premium?

I went and had a look at that TR5 but it was a real mess - most of the panels were rusted through and the interior was trashed. In fact on all the cars in the collection the interiors were trashed.

Edited by Rookie

I would beg to differ the gentleman that paid 22 for the car drove it away that day. And if that is what he wanted.then he got what he wanted. A little rush won't harm him. Well done that man. After all we all want different. and if one wants to take a chance. Then who are we to comment. He is happy and that's all that matters. Great news. Brilliant news helen

Yes Mummas and Puppas, Bobby Womack wouldn't have soiled his hands with close harmony Calif stuff. Think All Over Now and Across 110 Street !!!

Beg to differ, chaps

► 3:20► 3:20

www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpOj_xnON8c

29 Mar 2013 - Uploaded by Brandon Throne IV

Bobby Womack California Dreamin (1968 cover). Brandon Throne IV·11 videos ...