Great Drive around West Wilts and Dorset today, but noticing a very wobbly, soft rear!

So looking to send off swing arms for refurb, I picked up on recommendations from other threads on who offer a good service, so today's question - how long does it take to remove them and any gotcha's or other things to replace whilst doing??

Thanks

Rich

Hi Rich,

I'm not convinced that " looking to send off swing arms for refurb " is necessarily the way to go . . . .

A tad more by way of detail investigation would perhaps seem in order.

It's all too easy to spend money unwisely !

I'll PM my number

Cheers

Alec

Rich,

Before you strip everything down, have you checked tyre pressures? Low pressure can give a feeling of looseness in the rear.

Cheers

Graeme

Hi Rich,

When my TR6 had a wobbly rear end, it turned out to be a broken diff mount. Definitely worth getting a health check before spending any money on suspension refurbishment.

Just my experience anyway!

Cheers,

Michael

Incorrect rear wheel alignment can produce some 'wobbly' feeling results on corners too. (on 4A's anyway)

Mine were toed in, differently on each side, and the unpredictable changes from understeer/oversteer/understeer/etc going round bends of different radii kept you busy (and puzzled) up the front.

Since I changed this to as close as I can get to zero toe in on both rear wheels, it behaves quite well on just about all the curves I can try it on. (All my bushes are new.)

Recent go up the Clyde Mountain was fun instead of fear.

Edited by littlejim

Thanks all for Input, had a great drive out to Alec today, and thanks to Alec and Gus I now know that one shock definitely needs sorting as well as misc bushes on the rear end, oh and new mid exhaust section, but Alec did a great job of patching me up..

It really makes a difference to meet people who know what they are doing and educating us (me) the techcnically challenged!

Got home decided to finally sort my total lack of water temp (on gauge) to find previous owner hadn’t fitted a thermostat and had a small crack on thermostat housing covered by 1/2 inch of silicon, now have to order and fit new housing and ancillaries

Thanks again guy's

Rich

Rich

Edited by tr6wilts

Hi Rich,

I'm glad Alec & Gus managed to have a good look over your wobbly back end and come up with a few reasonable suggestions!

I totally agree that's it is great to have someone like Alec locally to help, as many on here know he has been a great help to me over the past 12 months and is always there to offer his advice and what he doesn't know.....Gus fills in!

It has been great weather in the south west today and we've covered over 150 sunny TR miles and just missed you at Alec's earlier, I hope to catch you another day.

Matt