Fitting reversing light

Hi Edwin,

Not sure how long your legs are but you might have trouble with you kneecap hitting the switch where it is! If fitting at this location it would be worth considering fitting LED bulb in whatever switch that you fit so that it distract you so you remember to switch it off. In the UK you must either have an illuminated switch or a repeater light when switched on.

This is the part you need.

Lucas 56SA / 31696 / SPB101 Illuminated Pull Switch GAE132

Likely that Stafford Vehicle Components (SVC) can supply the type of switch you want, with small bulb inside the body. Many of the cars in the 1950s & 1960s had such - I have one in 4VC which must have been fitted in 1962.

Ian Cornish

• 3 weeks later...

FWIW this bumper bracket that's off my early tr I'm restoring has an extra bracket for the reversing light. It looks properly made and can give an adjustable height. My car came with a lot of extras, maybe a factory bracket? Anybody else have one like this?

Cheers Shane.

post-10815-0-38793900-1422990367_thumb.jpg

Shane's extra bracket looks like it's cleverly home-made from the bottom half of a spare bracket.

I think your right there Brian.

Stuart.