I registered on the forum a few weeks ago and today decided to take the plunge and write my first posting and say hello to all.

After @40yr wait I finally bought my first TR6.

This been the car of my dreams ever since I first clapped eyes on one way back in the early 70s

I must admit that it hasn't sunk in yet and I keep visiting my garage just to give myself a "reality check" i.e. I have a TR6 !!

I will join the TR Register as soon as !

I have bought a 1971 TR in Sapphire Blue (the best colour apparently )

Chassis No CC76398L

As far as can find out it was built @31/12/71 and was originally red when shipped to the USA.

Brought back to the UK @12/9/95 and I'm the 3rd owner since re importation.

Reg No SVN 850K

Is this a "known car" to the TR Register and how can I found out about it's history both here in the UK and in the USA ??

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I hope to visit the local club in Devon as soon as it stops bl00dy raining and say hello.

Good afternoon Crawfie, and welcome to the forum !

I can't enlighten you about your car, but am sure someone will be along to give you some useful info very soon ;-)

whereabouts are you located, there are lots of local groups who meet up regularly, so join up and come and meet the other inmates....

Steve

welcome, pretty much same here, bought a car a few weeks back, joined the register and started posting, I think I can promise you a very warm welcome here, really friendly group, f :D ab car they dont make em like that anymore

welcome to the forum and well done on your purchase (great colour choice too).

If you email the TR6 Registrar, he may have details on your car. Equally, you can request a British Motor Industry Heritage certificate but it may not tell you much about the history post-delivery (although the certificate for my Stag told me which dealer in the States it was delivered to and which vessel carried it to the States and from which port)...

Edited by Trigbush

Welcome Crawfie, and congratulations on your purchase.

When you join the TR Register you should receive, amongst other information, a cd summarising all the technical advice and mods to the full range of TR's since the club began, extremely useful stuff.

You should also receive a dvd outlining the club structure and function, and the latest copy of the club magazine, TR Action.

In the magazine you will find the contact details for Derek Graham, the registrar for the TR6 model, he should be able to help with some of the UK history if the previous owners took the trouble to let him know any detail.

If you haven't got one already, purchase a copy of the car heritage certificate from the BMHC Gaydon, this will detail the build date, specification and delivery record for your car.

The TR Register provides a framework for enjoying ownership of your TR mainly through social events on a local, national, and even international level.

Your local group will prove a font of experience and support.

All we need is a bit of better weather!

Cheers

Ian