TR's that still run on soft original type bushing and >60 profile tyres will basically handle like a bouncy castle. Any inputs just are not directly related to sort anyy percied feel out.

You have to chuck alot of cash and rell setup trick bits at a TR4(IRS), 5 or 6 to make then really handle well.

A Percied feel out is what happens when you put your finger too close to my Blue-fronted Amazon . . . . Percy has an endearing (not !) habit of reacting strongly to unfamiliar fingers waggled at him, as many a TR visitor has discovered over the past thirty something years. Amazing the language some folks can come out with after a quick Parrot nip by way of digital remodelling.

There is no problem with timing as such at a practice day, but the results must be kept private, for the benefit of the individual driver only, and not published in any shape or form for the benefit of others.

Cheers

Alec

Gents,

I did organise a sprint test day at Blyton Park in June 2013. We had both championship sponsors Revington TR and TR Enterprises on hand

I have to say whilst all those who attended had a great time, it was not particularly well supported with just 22 cars entered, and that was priced at just £40 / car. I made a loss of about £190 on the day. The club picked up £40 of this loss and the championship the remaining £150.

Plenty of track time and plenty of time to fettle if that's what you wanted to do. Not much opportunity to film though, but passengers were permitted.

We'll discuss the possibility of running another event at the drivers' meeting on the 23rd November but these things can only work if people get behind them.

take care Kev

Kevin- thanks for that illuminating post- are you implying that neither sponsor had directly contributed to the day's costs?

Once again, risking a firestorm...I'd have charged at least £80 a car, laid on a decent lunch & had a techy gnome or two present. There is no way on Earth you should be forced to take a financial hit with "only" 22 cars present, surely?

Blyton Park is not a place to be exploring the limits of a car's handling, for obvious reasons; to extend a car fully, it needs to be on a full-width race track with plenty of room to, er, find its limits without car &/or driver ending up in hospital.

A full-on, open pitlane track or test day would be my aim.

Those that grumble about costs are missing the point- what earthly point is there in owning a £30,000 "sports" car that can't even negotiate a roundabout safely?

It's probably time for a fresh thread.

TTFN

The sponsors were there to provide technical support if required, not to subsidise our fun.

The financial hit was not to me personally but to the current championship competitors (£150) and the club (£40). The aim was two fold. First to encourage members to have some fun in their cars, to try sprinting and to do so in a safer environment than the local roundabout. The second was to break even, not to make a profit. We did have free all day tea, coffee and helment hire thrown in. Lunches were a very modest fiver (or thereabouts).

Yes it's not the widest of race circuits as the track itself is a ribbon of new black tarnac cut into the old grey airfield surface, but that does create a mass of flat and relatively smooth run-off areas.

take care Kev

Hey wait a minute! I went to Blyton and it was very very useful as I discovered that my "rally " car would go well on the track.- thats not the point I want to make:

Improving cars- which is what we want to do: It is an evolution. It is not a work it out on paper - "put everything in place then its done" exercise

What we ought to support is a series of Blytons where we can bring a car and see how it goes, exchange ideas then go away and change the car and come back and try it again- see if it is better more comfortable etc etc

We spend a lot of time and winter evening pontificating, and easily critizise each other.

Try bringing your car and doing what is available and reporting the events to the forum

Kevin please can we find out who would pay a deposit now to organise an early months Blyton? with a view to a lrepeat later in the year,ps doesn't have to be Blyton

Regards

Michael

Thanks for your ideas chaps....... this is the first Forum check for a while as I was busy getting the car to Snetterton for the 'Charity Day' last weekend. It was a very damp track for a good part of the day, but we had a lot of fun and hopefully raised a good bit too. There was not much tyre squealing going on as it was a bit slippery, and carrying a paying passenger had to be 'careful'.

I don't think i'll be making many changes that will upset the road comfort, the main use, but might investigate a rear ARB.

I had three laps in a Radical SR3........ I would swap my TR for that given the chance :)

john