Guys,

I've decided to try and buy an Italia for restoration as the best looking car Triumph never made.

The perfect buy for me would be an unmolested, original and complete car in private ownership, and anywhere in the world.

For such a car I would pay up to £35,000. I am happy to pay dealer or finder fees in addition by agreement.

Any and all suggestions, leads and ideas are very welcome.

I'd also like to see one in the UK and talk to the owner about the realities of ownership and restoration.

If anyone knows of such an owner please let me know.

I have owned a 4A since 1978 and been a register member no 5802 continuously since then.

The car would be sensitively restored and used as my personal transport alongside the 4A as often as possible.

I am aware and have researched all the cars recently and publicly for sale that I can find.

These include the #1 car offered at Bonhams last week, #197 finished car in Florida, #75 in Germany, #295 and another one in US.

I tried very hard to buy #93 from Milan which was a perfect car but unfortunately in the wrong dealer's hands.

The nicest car I have researched is #119 which is not for sale.

All my negotiations and discussions are done by me as principal and in my own name, but I will of course respect any confidentiality required.

Cheers,

Colin,

It is the #1 car but that is a new ad. which only appeared today and it was useful to see some more pictures of the car.

I had already decided that is not the car for me.

Thank you for the tip off.

Edited by Paul Harvey

Colin,

It is the #1 car but that is a new ad. which only appeared today and it was useful to see some more pictures of the car.

I had already decided that is not the car for me.

Thank you for the tip off.

colin you have pm

• 2 weeks later...

I was told about your link by a friend who is well-known in UK Triuumph circles. If you contact me by email, I´ll give you his contact and he can establish my bona fides.

I live in Madrid and know of a complete original powder blue Italia. It need restoration, but was originally registerd in Madrid so has never rusted.

The car belongs to a very knowledgable collector/engineer (building an aero-engined Hispano, for example) who would sell for a realistic offer.

Please get in touch if this sounds interesting

Edited by martin1133

Hi,

There is an Italia for £26 K advertised by TRGB, is that not of interest. Apparently a press car but not sure how complete it is

Cheers

I have just arrived home from Italy with Triumph Italia #215.

All parties I have been talking to are aware of my successful purchase and I look forward to sharing Italia information with anyone who loves the Marque.

It is a very interesting car and if I can sort the DVLA I may drive her to Malvern.

Edited by Paul Harvey

She may be an old-fashioned Warwickshire girl all dolled up in best Venetian Masquerade, but she gives away her origins . . . .

Cheers

Alec

That makes me think of a better name for our Newsletter.

TRactor Boys

Wish I'd thought of that 40 years ago.

Too late now.

AlanR

Excuse me you cheeky lot, I can assure you that is a particularly smart, upgraded and transcontinental kind of an Ifor Williams trailer and not to be confused with your ordinary TR farm transport equipment.

I was short of time after a long drive and neglected to change the trailer stickers to the 'Giancarlo Williams' upgrade........

Well done Paul. You are going to have a cracking garage of cars!

Hello Paul !

wonderfull !

and a very fast purchase.

I remember waiting 10 years to find and buy one...

it was in another century, without internet...

have a good time driving this marvel with a very original colour !

Congratulation

Guys,

The car is an unbelievable find, and I was prepared to do any kind of mission to secure it.

It is one owner and registered in Italy as a new car in 1981, 19 years after it was made by Vignale in 1962.

It has done a genuine 6642 kms, is completely original and unrestored, and exactly as it left the factory.

Despite being hauled from 15 years of storage, the car starts, runs, drives sweetly, and everything works. It would pass an MOT as it stands.

The paint will need sensitive conservation and the mechanicals complete refreshing, but everything else can be cleaned and left alone.

The history of the car is completely documented from the original sales invoice to date.

I will happily post some pictures, when the system allows.

Edited by Paul Harvey

Congratulations Paul, looks a lovely car and very welcoming to see a man who knows what he wants and handles the purchase swiftly without messing people about.

Mick Richards

Paul, it's simply a true "dream car" !

and i will be pleased to see some pictures of the interior and under bonnet areas.

I just begin the rebuild of mine and all the pictures will be welcome.

mine is number 168

IMG_1417_zps5a4c70de.jpg

Thanks by advance

regards

Patrick

Patrick,

I've decided to have the car comprehensively photographed before any work is done to it at all.

This will take a few days but then the pictures will be available online as a genuine source of detailed reference for anyone with an interest in the marque.

I am also already co-operating with interested parties and registrars worldwide in providing the information and provenance details that came with the car.

We have already discovered that the engine bay has the chassis number hand stamped and then covered in black schutz, presumably for cars that were exported when customs would not accept the provenance of the Triumph supplied plates riveted to the bulkhead.

This information may not be welcomed by those with cars of uncertain provenance.

I'll post the relevant link when it is available.

" We have already discovered that the engine bay has the chassis number hand stamped and then covered in black schutz, presumably for cars that were exported when customs would not accept the provenance of the Triumph supplied plates riveted to the bulkhead.

This information may not be welcomed by those with cars of uncertain provenance. "

Ooooops . . . . :lol::lol::lol::P

And I thnk you'll find that applies to more than just Italia chassis . . . . ;)

Cheers

Alec