Looking for larger alloys

Hi guys. I am looking for a larger set of rims for my TR6. I know a few of you are now shaking your head and thinking "how can you" :angry: . Its not like I am throwing the old set in the trash. When all is said and done and all TRs sit together, what makes yours stand out from the others. Lets face it, the only way is to give your car your own small touch. And its not like a set of wheels is like a tattoo. So if anyone has any ideas please let me know. I am always in the business of spending money friveously smile.png ( sorry about the spelling, not a word I use on a daily basis)

Laurence, I've got Revolutions to fit to my '6 did you use standard bolts and wheel studs or longer items?

I'm also thinking of painting the spokes gunmetal grey, but I've not seen any that colour yet to see what they look like....

Simon

Simon,

The wheels and nuts came direct from Revolution, from memory the nuts were the same length as originals. Tyres are 195/65/15 Pirelli P6 cinturatos and have worked well with the wheels thus far(5k+miles),-the Revs are 6'' wide.

I believe other colours for the spokes,apart from gloss black, are available,

cheers,

Laurence

Hi Murray , have a look at these "silverstones" :) in 15"+6" all the way from british colombia canada, you can view them at GC360 WHEELS. about £525.00 for a set of four with nuts . the only bugger is carriage, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,about £300! :( the EU puts a 20% tarrif on wheels made in china ! but they would be unique in croatia! :) is croatia in the EU? may be to your advantage then. happy hunting regards Richard Dickson

Well i have been in touch with Harry from Image Wheels who has been helpfull. Any you guys want to see the ones I am going for you can look at this link. As always fellow owners are free and welcome to comment.I am going for the classic build model. I am realy not a fan of all those split rim bolts and I like the gold finish which i think will suit the car better. Oh yeah and I am goin for the 17" with 205/50 tires. The wheels are 15 x 7

http://www.imagewheels.co.uk/large_wheel_pages/dm.html

Came across those spinning finishers in California a few years ago. Frightened the life out me at a set of lights as it looked like the car next to me was still moving whilst stopped! :blink:

Stuart.

Hi Murray,

Your car looks great as it is. For what it's worth, I don't think the BBS-style wheels are going to do anything for it really, though I'll be interested to see what a '6 looks like rolling on them. I do like BBS wheels, I've had a few Golf GTIs, and that era of car look great on them.

Also fairly dubious as to what 17 inch wheels with 205 wide tyres will do to the handling and ride - though I'm sure there are others more qualified to comment in this regard than me - but as you say, each to their own :)

All the best,

Matt

Hi Murray,

Your car looks great as it is. For what it's worth, I don't think the BBS-style wheels are going to do anything for it really, though I'll be interested to see what a '6 looks like rolling on them. I do like BBS wheels, I've had a few Golf GTIs, and that era of car look great on them.

Heres a link to the BMW TR6 on ebay that is on BBS wheels. I think they look quite good on it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330719010722

hi murray i think its great idea i think the mile marker car looks really good i looked for ages for something different from your revs minilites wolfies couldnt find anything so i gave up so im very intrested on how you get on if theres any fitting issues cant wait to see your car how much are they are you going to the iwe