VUX's new black grille surround.........

Hello fellow 6'ers

Since I’ve been sorting out the resonance by changing the 42” braided hose from the Bosch pump to the PRV with a shorted high pressure rubber hose from Revingtons (worked a treat and all now quiet! :) ), I also took the opportunity to spray the grille surround satin black per original spec and I think it improves the already aggressive stance. B) Anyway, personally I don't like seeing light body colour through the grille!

Before:

62353_1445772819519_1089104818_31079258_5248469_n.jpg

After:

207817_1727745948671_1089104818_31528516_85988_n.jpg

Cheers

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Now not wanting to be pedantic but you have missed a bit.........................................Only Joking.......I'll get my coat.blink.gif

P.S. nice job by the way.

Out of interest where did you get your new Petrol piping from and is it ehtanol proof( thought i would get that one in before Mr cobbold)tongue.gif

Edited by Clarkey
.....I’ve been sorting out the resonance by changing the 42” braided hose from the Bosch pump to the PRV with a shorted high pressure rubber hose from Revingtons
.......Out of interest where did you get your new Petrol piping from and is it ehtanol proof( thought i would get that one in before Mr cobbold)[

:D:D:D .........it was an instant inexpensive fix and no more flipping Vu Vu-Zela in the boot - Oooops, I hope I haven't now put the mockers on it as I'm using VUX for work tomorrow! :rolleyes:

Now this is TR6 resonance

Cheers

Andrew

I also took the opportunity to spray the grille surround satin black per original spec and I think it improves the already aggressive stance. B) Anyway, personally I don't like seeing light body colour through the grille!

Have to agree.

On the TR4s, the front valance behind the grille was painted satin black

but not for other 'light' colours such as powder blue or signal red.

It really does change the front aspect of the car (for the better IMO)

(On the white TR4s, even the inside of the curved headlight housing

was painted)

AlanR

Edited by TR 2100

Nice work !

The black parts of my car need a repaint, so i might look at this at the same time :rolleyes:

Steve

:D:D:D .........it was an instant inexpensive fix and no more flipping Vu Vu-Zela in the boot - Oooops, I hope I haven't now put the mockers on it as I'm using VUX for work tomorrow! :rolleyes:

Now this is TR6 resonance

Cheers

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Glad you got the resonance sorted hope it stays that way :)

Cheers

Dave.

Hello fellow 6'ers

Since I’ve been sorting out the resonance by changing the 42” braided hose from the Bosch pump to the PRV with a shorted high pressure rubber hose from Revingtons (worked a treat and all now quiet! :) ), I also took the opportunity to spray the grille surround satin black per original spec and I think it improves the already aggressive stance. B) Anyway, personally I don't like seeing light body colour through the grille!

After:

207817_1727745948671_1089104818_31528516_85988_n.jpg

Cheers

Andrew

Nice . . . looks good.

May do that myself at some point.

Roger

I remember doing that to my TR4 over 40 years ago as the white showing through the grille was just plain ugle! :o

But, I'm sure my white 6 came with that already done in black behind the grille :unsure: ?

Edited by Denis

Andrew,

You are soooo cool Dude!

The effect is much better and I will now have to do the same once my groaning back and aching muscles allow.

I just roofed the loft of my (first ever) double garage with 8x4 ft sheets of thick plywood.

Now for a nice bit of Wilton and - as Sue says - not to forget my bedside lamp!

Look forward to seeing you ere too long.

Did you ever hear from Peter Terry?

Regards,

Willie

Thanks all,

Dave,

Thanks for the steer on the rubber hose, used VUX for work today (70 miles round trip) and not a peep from the boot, so hopefully that’s the end of it!

Rob,

Go on, you know you want to and MBV wants to be returned to factory spec too – you can do it without taking the bonnet off as below…………

Willie,

Good to hear from you old chap. I trust your move down south went well? We’ll have to get together with the ladies for a drive out in the Surrey and/or Sussex countryside and pub lunch before too long.

However, I bow my head in shame and writing to Peter Terry has slipped off my radar with so much else going on at work lately – I wonder what PT would think of that? Must get back onto it pronto.

215236_1730126648187_1089104818_31533508_6881474_n.jpg

Cheers

Andrew