Al last some photos

Still havent managed to get the Photobucket link to work showing the dirty stuff however here is the completed job. Car stripped , body off chassis, bare metal respray, rebuild, refurb everything, new loom, suspension all powder coated, new interior, screen, new lining for Ali Surrey blah blah. No real greif just laods of niggles..... Just waiting for my Ridguard seats being recovered in biscuit leather. BTW thanks for all the help, shows how good this forum is.

Robin

Still havent managed to get the Photobucket link to work showing the dirty stuff however here is the completed job. Car stripped , body off chassis, bare metal respray, rebuild, refurb everything, new loom, suspension all powder coated, new interior, screen, new lining for Ali Surrey blah blah. No real greif just laods of niggles..... Just waiting for my Ridguard seats being recovered in biscuit leather. BTW thanks for all the help, shows how good this forum is.

Robin

Very nice job Robin....excellent colour choice :) (was it original)

john

Great job Robin

You must feel like a dog with two d***s ETC

Enjoy the looks you will get B)B)

Regards

Mike

Edited by mike3739

Valencia Blue is the orignal colour. Did ask the question and our man Stuart kept me on track, stick to the Valencia as its original and less present.

Been for a spin today and she's purring. Still have a few niggles, minor flat spot at about 12oo rpm, suspect its the butterflys but apart from tha I will be enjoying.

BTW thanks again for all your help

Robin

Great to see it done, Robin :rolleyes: The colour is popular here in the 'States in large part because no TR6 shares it ( only a few TR4As had it ). I bought one in '2002 despite the colour being at the bottom of my list - it had been loved more than any other example I saw :) . Since then Valencia Blue ( I thought Valencia was a type of orange :huh: ) has moved up to the middle of my list; it does grow on you ;)

BLUE250THREEQTRFRONTALVIEW.jpg

Robin you must be happy with the results of your efforts, it does look very very good, whats the thingy with the little filter on it in the n/s engine bay?

lovely looking car, well done.

Thanks guys. Peter its a Ratsport oil breather picked p cheap at one of the IWE's. Plumb'd into the rocker and the blanking plate that would house the cam driven fuel pump on carburetted models. Works a treat. Bough a bracket from Stoneleigh for £1 (yes there are bargains there sometimes)which is bolted to rad stay bar. All very neat an unobtrusive(well apart from the two pipes. I settled on that as it was cheap an easy and didnt fancy a Revingtons fibreglass job at 3x the price.

Hows the sale going , I would have been tempted if I hadnt just done all that work myself.

Good luck with the sale

Regards

Robin

Robin,

Congratulations, looks great.

A little observation concerning the battery bracket, yours looks similar to mine, which is stainless steel, and I found by turning it 180 deg. that it is well clear of the battery terminals and it fits better.

Stan

Robin

Robin: Congrats on a job well done and a beautiful TR250!