Oldest TR6 on the Road today?

Just checked. My TR6 engine number is CP25212. Can it be an original engine ?.

Judging from your chassis number then yes that would be correct. If you want to find out all the details then get a heritage certificate for the car.

Stuart..

Judging from your chassis number then yes that would be correct. If you want to find out all the details then get a heritage certificate for the car.

Stuart..

It will just take you two months...

Treat me gently as this is my first post. I own CP25215 and it is in regular use. In fact it had an outing from Sussex to the New Forest only last week.

Car is great but could seriously benefit from overdrive.

Gavin

I own the car down the line but one to yours, nice to hear yours is being used. Mine is within a couple of weeks away from stretching her legs!!

If you type in on you tube.. project tr6 and scroll down you will see a clip of her going round and round the garden, first time out in 30 years, felt new.

cp 25217 how close are we?

keith

Hi Stan,

my recollection is of very few early UK TR6s being fitted with overdrive, even road test cars . . . . the straight gearbox was more common, unlike PI saloons which usually featured overdrive - at least in my experience.

Cheers

Alec

Hi Derek

Can you help me ?
This thread got me wondering what´s the right comission Nº ?
The plate says is CP5 25555 LO engine CP 523 75 HE and is a 1970 make !
On you records there is a CP 25185/25222/25223, TR6 for Portugal
My commission Nº is CP 25555 LO ? so it means one of early cars !

Regards

Jose

Paint code "571" is stamped on commision numberplate on left hand side inner fender.

Some pictures of this car kindly sent to me by Sakari. Colour looks very similar to Daimler Van Den Plas Series 2 XJ12 Coral which was a very rare colour.

Comm plate looks like a repro to me so the colour code may be a local one just for the colour the car is painted in now.

Stuart.

TriumphTR6006_zpsd3f7f6c7.jpg

TriumphTR6004_zpsd145ed4d.jpg

I own the car down the line but one to yours, nice to hear yours is being used. Mine is within a couple of weeks away from stretching her legs!!

If you type in on you tube.. project tr6 and scroll down you will see a clip of her going round and round the garden, first time out in 30 years, felt new.

cp 25217 how close are we?

keith

I am on the South Coast. Much further South and I get wet feet!

Your car looks a beauty. Shame we are so far apart.

Mine was owned by a guy in Coventry for appx 21 years and he restored it we believe in the mid to late eighties. It has developed a nice patina now but has spent much of its life up to now in a garage. The chap in Coventry sadly passed away shortly after completing the car and his widow let it go appx 2007. It then did 600 miles over the following years until I bought it last year.

Poor old thing doesn't know what has hit it now, as I have probably already added 1000 miles

regards

gavin

I am on the South Coast. Much further South and I get wet feet!

Your car looks a beauty. Shame we are so far apart.

Mine was owned by a guy in Coventry for appx 21 years and he restored it we believe in the mid to late eighties. It has developed a nice patina now but has spent much of its life up to now in a garage. The chap in Coventry sadly passed away shortly after completing the car and his widow let it go appx 2007. It then did 600 miles over the following years until I bought it last year.

Poor old thing doesn't know what has hit it now, as I have probably already added 1000 miles

regards

gavin

First off thanks for the comment sounds like you had a look.

It would be good to meet up one day? Glad your enjoying your tr.

I bought mine in 1977 when it was 7, had it on the road for about 2 and a half years

Then decided to turn it into the best tr ever.. dreams ah.

Tr then off the road a couple of years or so.

Then started the mammoth task off striping the car , which id been as organised,

As I was enthusiastic.

Sorry to go on etc etc

then last august a very good friend offered to help finish the project off.

Now very close.

Nice talking.

Keith.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got reply from British Motor Heritage. Original color of my car is Triumph Racing green / tan. My car got total colour change in somewhere in it´s history

I liked that colour so that doesnt matter.

Can anybody answer to my question concerning how many Early TR6 were made as LHD?

Could it be so that my CP25164LO is one of the first LHD car ever made?

• 8 years later...

Bonjour à tous, 

Ma TR6PI LHD CKD est une CP25390LP sans OVD d'origine (Ajouté dans les 70's avec une boîte 2500pi) Toujours en Couleur d'origine code 34. Première mise en circulation en 09/69 Plaque  d'identification Paris Monceau

Vendue neuve par Kennings à Marseille. 

Bien cordialement 

Julien 

Bonjour à tous, 

Ma TR6PI LHD CKD est une CP25390LP sans OVD d'origine (Ajouté dans les 70's avec une boîte 2500pi) Toujours en Couleur d'origine code 34. Première mise en circulation en 09/69 Plaque  d'identification Paris Monceau

Vendue neuve par Kennings à Marseille. 

Bien cordialement 

Julien 

Edited by jimcwestie
Thought I had translated

Bonjour, 

Désolé je préfère écrire en français pour éviter de dire des bêtises?? connais une autre TR6 PI LHD CKD CP25087LP Bleu royal en état de marche et toujours restauré d'après mes sources ayant appartenu de 1973 à 2010 à un proche de ma famille . Mise en circulation le 09/02/1969 en France. 

J'espère vous aider dans vos recherches. 

Bien à vous 

Julien 

tendue des élémentstendue des éléments

I have very recently purchased Chassis Number CP 25209-O, which still has "matching numbers" including engine block CP 25151-HE...though not in the original Paint Code of New White...was resprayed French Blue in about 2002...as you can see from the image she currently has Minilites fitted - will be fitting the 1970-73 Steel wheel rims to her soon.

She was built on 26th January 1969, despatched on 27th March 1969.

Have just renewed the rocker shaft, which appeared to be the original one (it had bungs in each end, and not the modern replacement Allen socket grub screws fitted).

20210825_123600.jpg

• 4 months later...

David,

You might have the earliest production TR6 in existence but the pre-production TR6, CP25001-O still exists today and is under long term rebuild in the South of Wales and it was built on the 4th July 1968 along with CC25001L 

Derek