Thought I'd post up some more photos of the rebuild

I am trial fitting the mx5 seats in the car before making a final decision. Why do some of the forums suggest they onlt fit in the 4+ cars. seem ok to me.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30648539&id=1393851207#!/photo.php?pid=30648543&id=1393851207&fbid=1284159749451

Had a lot of trouble with weeping brake banjo fittings, but after 3 attempts and lots of copper washes being changed, we are making progress

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30648539&id=1393851207#!/photo.php?pid=30648540&id=1393851207&fbid=1284159629448

also we had painted the rear of the car without realising there should have been crush tubes through the panel work to support the bumperettes, so we have fxed that as well

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30648539&id=1393851207#!/photo.php?pid=30648544&id=1393851207&fbid=1284159789452

The engine loves having the shiney carbs back as well we will be able to fire her up soon

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30648539&id=1393851207#!/photo.php?pid=30648542&id=1393851207&fbid=1284159709450

Edited by kiwi-jim

Jim would love to view your pictures but it needs a Facebook log in to view. Can you put them up somewhere else like Photobucket etc.

Stuart

Yep..shame we can't see em..and no, I don't want to join farcebook.. :rolleyes:

Stick em on Photobucket as Stuart said...and share them.. :) Cheers Tony

It's looking great Jim - here are a few tasters folks - as for Facebook, it's the only way I can keep track of what my boys are up to and with whom! ;):D

28694_1284159629448_1393851207_30648540_4767392_n.jpg

28694_1284159709450_1393851207_30648542_5340476_n.jpg

28694_1284159789452_1393851207_30648544_739774_n.jpg

Cheers

Andrew

@ Andrew: thanks for relaying the pics!

@ Kiwi-Jim: what a beautiful car! And very wise to keep the front wings off for now! That white colour looks awesome on the car. Is it a Triumph colour? Given the fact that you're in a black-white colour scheme, I think that black wire wheels (with chrome spinners) would look great too!

Keep us posted with pics. Restoration updates are never boring! In fact, they are inspiring!!

Menno

EDIT: just looking at the pics again when my wife walks by and she says: "Oh, that's a nice colour for a Triumph!" Coming from her, is really a great compliment I can assure you.

Edited by Menno van Rij

Looking good Jim well done mate :) Your workshop is way too clean though ;)

Stuart

Absolutely terrific job brilliantly done. like the triumph lettering too. more pictures please but not on facebook if possible.

During my rebuild I have never added up the mileage carried out sourcing parts , powder coating, chroming etc etc , just cant imagine how hard it is

from the other side of the world.

Thanks guys sorry about the facebook thing. I had thought the insert image button was how you managed to insert your photos directly to the post vs attaching them and only having a 500k option

Andrew How are you actually imbedding the photos directly

If I cant manage that I will put the photo file on Photobucket.

Menno the colour according to our paint suppliers over here is Triumph Pearl/spa white from 1958 the name Pearl/spa was exactly as it was descibed on the colour chart, It looks great with the Chrome against it.

cheers

Triumph Pearl/spa white from 1958 the name Pearl/spa was exactly as it was descibed on the colour

chart

I keep looking at the colour. It's great. Somehow it's not the chalk white or 'hospital white' you see on other cars. It looks like there's some undertone colour (don't know how to say this in an other way) shimmering through the white. Great, great.

Menno

Fantastic job - looking just gorgeous.

But - may I suggest a period radiator cap?

The one you have looks so horribly out of place.

AlanR

Edit:

Did you manage to find an original brass fuel cut-off tap?

If not, maybe I could help?

Edited by TR 2100
Andrew How are you actually imbedding the photos directly

Jim,

When replying to a post click on the 'Insert Image' icon in the icon bar (two icons right of the smiley face :)) and an 'Insert URL' box appears - cut and paste the whole URL address from your web hosted photo (see note below) into the 'Insert URL' box and then click 'Insert Image' and the image appears in your text box.

Note: to get the URL address right click on the web hosted photo and then click on 'Properties' at the bottom of the display menu and the URL appears under 'Address URL'.

You may have to try a few times, but I hope this helps.

Cheers

Andrew

Thanks Andrew Tried that a few times but to no avail, for some reason when I click on the insert image button it has half the box off screen, and It won't click and drag and changing screen resolution isn't helping either so I cant see the insert tab once I have pasted in the url.

Alan i do have the Brass fuel cut off valve and Its all in place.

Don as you remember from our discussions fitting the bumperettes was going to be an issue. with a lot of careful measuring and a whole lot of I think this is the right spot "she'll be right mate" attitude we used a hole drill to open up the rear panel and insert the crush tubes. when my panel man was doing it I actually left the shed in case he buggered it up.

I have to now find a way of sealing the openings around the crush tubes and am looking for a very fine grommet of some sort that can fit in the gap around the crush tube. wont pass the concourse test but a blind man would miss the mistake.

just a thought if I set up a photobucket album won't people still have the same access issues they face with facebook??

I've tried the photobucket think so here goes if you want to look at a whole heap of photos have a look. For some reason the order of photos is all over the place

http://s227.photobuc...dd224/kiwi-jim/

good luck

Edited by kiwi-jim

Jim, Just wanted to add my congratulations. This looks to be a super car. You obviously have very high standards, and having just got my 2 back on the road after a 5 1/2 year rebuild I am fully aware of most of the problems you will have faced, so well done. I'm personally undecided about the look of MX5 seats in side screen TRs but haven't seen enough "in the flesh" to make up my mind yet. At least you won't have to worry about fitting a tonneau.

I agree with Menno regarding the paint colour it looks excellent. Thanks for making the photos available. Looking forward to seeing some more in the future as you progress. A great job.

Excellent job Jim. But I will say it again your workshop is way too clean ;)

Stuart.

Stuart My workshop is clean only because before I take any photos I run the broom over everything and move the mess out of view, inreality it looks like most other peoples, I would guess.

The last change of copper washers seems to have stopped the brake banjo joints weeping, and I now have them bleed, so now I can finally look to put fuel in her and try to fire it all up, and maybe drive out onto the road to ensure it actually moves and changes gear etc.

i'll let you now when that happens. cheers

Thanks Andrew Tried that a few times but to no avail, for some reason when I click on the insert image button it has half the box off screen, and It won't click and drag and changing screen resolution isn't helping either so I cant see the insert tab once I have pasted in the url.

Jim,

I'm guessing you’re using Microsoft Internet Explorer as a web browser as I have the same problem with it :angry: , so I use Mozilla Firefox for posting photos, links and other media type things. You can download Firefox free - just Google it for the latest version. :)

As for garages - mine is more this one at the moment as I'm getting TuRK ready for Classic Le Mans in July: B)

30405_1330172929594_1089104818_30807009_8144336_n.jpg

Cheers

Andrew

PS - photo hosted on Facebook and posted using Firefox. ;)

Thanks Andrew, I have mozilla on my work laptop so I will download it to my family machine as well and try that.

cheers

Stuart don't all workshops look like that?

untill we wake up in the morning that is.

What when the night shift fairys have knocked off :lol::lol::lol:

Stuart

What when the night shift fairys have knocked off laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Stuart

wow i thought they only worked in the SE.Do you have them as well?

Roy

wow i thought they only worked in the SE.Do you have them as well?

Roy

Actually down here they are Cornish Pixies ;):lol:

Stuart.