On the TR3A post 61000, how do you secure in place the panel forward of the fuel tank. It pushes under the rear trims, but seems to have no fixings. Is this one where do it yourself improvement is necessary. Can anybody advise. Thanks David Johnson.

Go and talk to North Devon MetalCraft in Barnstable. They make the shell and may be able to shew you what they do.

Peter W

Hmm not sure that would really help you. ;) As they can be most un-helpful at times!

I assume you mean the rear cockpit trimmed panel in which case i think the trimmed board should have small 90 degree angled brackets on each side at the bottom where it meets the floor that are secured to the floor by self tappers.

Stuart

I think the trimmed board should have small 90 degree angled brackets on each side at the bottom where it meets the floor that are secured to the floor by self tappers.

3 at the top and 2 on the floor - you can just about see the 3 top ones and the left-hand lower in these photos.

Can't remember whether they are welded or screwed on but will check later today.

DCP_0002.jpg

DCP_0003.jpg

Can't easily get to see the brackets as the boot is full, but have just found this 'before' photo showing the old brackets. As you can see, there is/was a third lower bracket in the centre and mounted facing the opposite way. This is also just visible in the 'after' photos I posted earlier.

DSCN5493.jpg

I think all brackets are spot welded, but I didn't do the work and I'm sure others will have better photos with close-ups.

Edited by BrianC

If you are not going for originality and while you still have the time I would fit a thin galvanized metal sheet on the back of the cardboard panel. I did it on my TR6.

Might give you some additional protection in case the tank goes up in flames :( what no one hopes