Original TR5 Handbook

Hello 'Fellow Fivers' :rolleyes:

Have you spotted this 'Original TR5 Handbook' on fleabay..? It is up to £82 squid at present with 6 days to go!

TR5 Handbook

I shall keep watching to see what the final result is!

Best regards

Did not one go on ebay for £300 around a couple of years back? :blink::blink::blink:

Rgds

Something close to that I think. Time the register did a repro like the 4a ones, ;) that would stop all that!

Stuart.

I suppose it is only a case of what someone (certainly not me!) is prepared to pay for something...

I recently managed to get one of these for £20 :P - dead chuffed with that!!!

Currently at £225, last one went for £341 - if my memory serves me correctly. As for a reprint I think there are copyright issues.

David

Edited by Red5

I believe the TR Register are looking into this and I spoke to Chris recently.We might just might be lucky.I will have two for a start.If we place a lot of orders here,do you think we could get the ball rolling.

Regards Harry TR5 Nutter. :rolleyes:

Hello 'Fellow Fivers' :rolleyes:

Have you spotted this 'Original TR5 Handbook' on fleabay..? It is up to £82 squid at present with 6 days to go!

TR5 Handbook

I shall keep watching to see what the final result is!

Best regards

How sad that people are willing to pay that for an old handbook, i love these cars but its all gone a bit stupid has`nt it....

Billy.

I can understand if someone is rebuilding to original 'showroom' spec but fail to see any other reason. My car is certainly not showroom spec and neither is any other TR5 built with the pleasure of driving it in mind, but it's the way I want it. If someone is prepared to pay these prices, well, that's up to them, I just fail to work out why.

Wyn

p.s. John - no plans to go up the hill at the moment

It's no different to the value of a TR5 - some people are willing to pay £40k for one, some people are not!

That's their choice and it all relates to the rarity of the thing I suppose?

Look at it as a peice of Antique Art.......to some priceless and to others a pile of old junk....

It's nice having different opinions and a healthy debate - that's what makes this forum so bloody good!

Mark O :P

Oh Andrew - I hope you dont think id unnecessarily profiteer and take advantage of the avarice of others ...... tut tut ...... !

On reflection .... my next little project needs all the cash i can muster ...... !

;-)

Oh Andrew - I hope you dont think id unnecessarily profiteer and take advantage of the avarice of others ...... tut tut ...... ! On reflection .... my next little project needs all the cash i can muster ...... ! ;-)

Hi Tony

My maxim is quite straight forward really, 'do unto others before they do it to you'........ :P

Cheers

Andrew

Ahoy there

With regards to the TR5 owners hand book on Ebay, could anyone please tell me where i could purchase one of these from if possible, as i don't and won't pay nearly £300 for one.

i know that a 5 is at a premium and people tend to add a few quid on things once they know its a 5, of which annoys me greatly like it must the rest of you fellow owners.

if you could please let me know also what items of documentation were issued when the car was sold it would be greatly appreciated i.e.service book etc....

Many Thanks

Nibs

Ahoy there

With regards to the TR5 owners hand book on Ebay, could anyone please tell me where i could purchase one of these from if possible, as i don't and won't pay nearly £300 for one.

i know that a 5 is at a premium and people tend to add a few quid on things once they know its a 5, of which annoys me greatly like it must the rest of you fellow owners.

if you could please let me know also what items of documentation were issued when the car was sold it would be greatly appreciated i.e.service book etc....

Many Thanks

Nibs

Hi Nibs!!

This is an EXTREEMLY rare item,"as are most TR5 items"and no repro's have yet been made!!

I suppose you could always find somewone you could borrow one from,and have a printers make you a repro!

It seems that,unless you are extreemly lucky to find one by scouring the major autojumbles or the local lesser attended meetings,you will have to pay what seems to be the going price for a VERY rare item!!

As ebay shows!

Auctions are an open marketplace and the winner takes the prize!!

Bargains "whatever it is" can be snapped up really cheap on Ebay,I am at it all the time!! :P,its all in how you play the game with the seller!!

Especially if they dont have a clue of an items true value!! :D

Edited by PILKIE
Hi Nibs!!

This is an EXTREEMLY rare item,"as are most TR5 items"and no repro's have yet been made!!

I suppose you could always find somewone you could borrow one from,and have a printers make you a repro!

It seems that,unless you are extreemly lucky to find one by scouring the major autojumbles or the local lesser attended meetings,you will have to pay what seems to be the going price for a VERY rare item!!

As ebay shows!

Auctions are an open marketplace and the winner takes the prize!!

Bargains "whatever it is" can be snapped up really cheap on Ebay,I am at it all the time!! :P,its all in how you play the game with the seller!!

Especially if they dont have a clue of an items true value!! :D

many thanks for that pilkie however i feel that this is over priced even if it is a very rare item.

like everyone says an item is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it but i beleive this is well over priced.

Thanks

Nibs

Reprints have been made... I have one sourced on fleabay a year or so back from Australia... As I have now acquired the genuine article I think I will be selling this when I get home frm sea at the end of the month...

Regards

Edited by ianhoward
Reprints have been made... I have one sourced on fleabay a year or so back from Australia... As I have now acquired the genuine article I think I will be selling this when I get home frm sea at the end of the month...

Regards

I thought there were copyright issues as mentioned earlier!!

Were some "unofficial" repro's made??

How can you tell if it is a reprint?

I know by law,they are meant to put that info inside,but someone may try to sell a clever repro as an original!

How can we tell and not get ripped off??

I shall have to have a good inspection of it when I get home... You never know, it might be a superb condition original!!! :lol::lol::lol: I don't think so!

However you look at it, £300 for a TR5 handbook is downright bloody barmy - and goes to show that there must be some right prannocks around . . .

Sadly, the prices of some of the less common items of automotive literature are forced up not by people who own and love the cars, but by besotted collectors of handbooks, brochures and suchlike who presumably get their motoring pleasures simply from filling up filing cabinets . . . . heaven only knows what else they do for kicks, or where, but then we probably don't wish to go there.

Several minor publications that have interested me recently were purchased by individuals who, from their feedback, purchase little or nothing else but car-related paper - and at silly prices.

Cheers,

Alec