Hi All

After great success converting my 6 to EFI I’m starting to look at doing my newly purchased 4a, previously I used Emerald and there K6 ecu. Has anyone had any success in convthere 4a ?

Cheers Mark

I had my TR3a converted using a Jenvey heritage weber look-a-like throttle bodies and an Emerald ECU. I was very pleased with the set up, easy to start, smooth and torquey with an added 20bhp and improved fuel consumption. The car had a reasonably well tuned motor with 89mm liners producing 115bhp prior to the conversion. This was a before and after measurement on the same rolling road. 

The car has left me now although is in the hands of a member on this forum. 

Tim

Howard Pryor has done this with Jenvey Heritage Weber lookalikes and the K6 I think and was very pleased with it on his 4.

I'm collecting bits to do my 4A but likely to use the Chinese Jenvey throttle body copies as about £1500 cheaper. I will likely use the Emerald K6 unit with wasted spark ignition.

Thanks for the replies.

I’ll probably go with Emerald again as they were a great help at the time. I had the same sort of results as you Tim, 20hp gain incredibly smooth and great mpg.

1 hour ago, marki said:

Thanks for the replies.

I’ll probably go with Emerald again as they were a great help at the time. I had the same sort of results as you Tim, 20hp gain incredibly smooth and great mpg.

Well as it happens I have an EFI kit that Im about to put up for sale, It consists of Webcon throttle bodies and injectors with TPS and regulator plus air cleaners and air temperature sensor plus an OMEX 600 brain with complete loom plus a spare Webcon loom and a coil pack too. Ex Racetorations kit but not used more than to set it up. Let me know if interested before I bung it on the classifieds.

Stuart.

4 hours ago, Andy Moltu said:

Howard Pryor has done this with Jenvey Heritage Weber lookalikes and the K6 I think and was very pleased with it on his 4.

I'm collecting bits to do my 4A but likely to use the Chinese Jenvey throttle body copies as about £1500 cheaper. I will likely use the Emerald K6 unit with wasted spark ignition.

Never heard of those copies Andy

but personally I would go with the genuine as you will have great back up from the manufacturer.

But of course your choice and hope it goes well.

regards Harry

20 hours ago, stuart said:

Well as it happens I have an EFI kit that Im about to put up for sale, It consists of Webcon throttle bodies and injectors with TPS and regulator plus air cleaners and air temperature sensor plus an OMEX 600 brain with complete loom plus a spare Webcon loom and a coil pack too. Ex Racetorations kit but not used more than to set it up. Let me know if interested before I bung it on the classifieds.

Stuart.

How much are you asking Stuart ?

1 hour ago, marki said:

How much are you asking Stuart ?

You have DM

Stuart.

On 4/26/2024 at 5:12 PM, harrytr5 said:

Never heard of those copies Andy

but personally I would go with the genuine as you will have great back up from the manufacturer.

But of course your choice and hope it goes well.

regards Harry

Unless you go with the Heritage Weber lookalikes, the throttle bodies are essentially “dumb” - you bolt on the throttle position sensors and injectors of your choice and the brain of your choice.  The Sherryberg ones, like the std Jenvey ones are essentially DCOE mount and take the same linkages/filters. The former are Ali colour and the latter black finish so unlikely you might need support for them. 

The bit where support may be needed is the ECU set up which will likely need if only for rolling road set up.

1 hour ago, Andy Moltu said:

The bit where support may be needed is the ECU set up which will likely need if only for rolling road set up.

Thats where the Omex brain that I have is good as its open sourced mapping so there is plenty of starter maps around plus you can plug a laptop in and tune it on the fly.

Stuart.

I went with the Jenvey Heritage with inbuilt injectors a throttle sensor. Yes they are dear but a joy to use and I have done a few thousand miles on them including track day events. The new original look alike that Jenvey have just manufactured and dyno tested with favourable results are the way to go I think.

Regards Harry20231110_134046_resized.thumb.jpg.23ab090e2929c74c424caed180115cdf.jpg

20220428_101220_resized.jpg

Sorry Stuart I do not want to rain on your parade. I have to rely on Emerald to sort any glitches .I can plug my lap top in and see the mapping but unless you know what you are doing and can map it yourself (very limited to what I can do) I leave it to the experts. I have learned some disciplines along the way.

The younger element amongst us this will be childs play of course as they were brought up with it.

Regards Harry

Jenvey TB out yet again, this time stuck in customs, sticking butterfly has me tormented since I fitted them, tried to work around it but eventually gave up.

I've now been left with disputing the customs charge, even though it was a manufacturing fault repair, as the delighful individual at Jenvey will refuse to accept it if I return it.

Not a pleasant company to deal with when something goes wrong, their QC was not doing their job when mine were made.

Fit Webers or Dellortos for a better bang for your buck.285622795_TBmissing.jpg.993ba4f0d7a615fc8d730163eddb3e70.jpg