Another recommendation for JDO instruments. Quick service and a good price

Tom

4 hours ago, rimmer said:

Hi l want to convert my tacho to electronic as l now have a ecu and no distributor so cant use the cable drive can anyone help with where l can get the parts to do it myself 

rob  

Rob, just for clarification the "rev counter" is called a Tachometer, a Tachograph is a recording device similar to speedometer in a car but fitted to vans over 3.5 tons and trucks and transcribes the vehicles speeds and times of being driven onto a paper disc or other recording function so the authorities can check and control trucks and their firms and drivers and prevent them speeding, exceeding drivers hours and several other misdemeanours they get up to. 

I'd suggest leaving the thread title now unless a moderator can alter it. 

Mick Richards

I have EFI with a Megasquirt 3X ecu. I obtained an old unused distributor body and modified it to 1. retain the cable drive for the tachometer and 2. provide a “cam” sensor for sequential injection. Essentially cut the weight pivot plate down to a single tooth and mounted a hall effect sensor on the side to detect the tooth. 3D printed a cap to keep any debris out of the body.

Edited by CK's TR6

I picked up a couple of XJ6 electronic tachometer from a scrap yard for £30. My initial thought was to fit the innards into my originally tachometer, but that will not work as the electrical bits are to big. The main differences are the oil and ignition light positions are missing from the Jag instrument, and the needle is a different style.

My car is my daily car and far from concours so I am using one of the Jag rev counters as is with the lights on a separate panel, and then plan to swap out the face and needle on the second one at some point for future fitment.

George 

27 minutes ago, Drewmotty said:

Issue 13 of In the Garage covers fitting Jaguar tacho giblets into a TR6 rev counter shell. 

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gfmi37kp2i2m7hi/AAASxwvmDIEsBE20f9BgebfSa?dl=0

Thanks for tip on the tachometer write up.

Unfortunately the ones I picked up from the scrap yard are from a later model and have a different operating system which has bigger innards. Looks like a trip back to the scrap yard for a 69 Jag.

George 

+1 JDO very helpful

• 2 weeks later...