I have been bombarded by offers on face book over the past week for fully loaded tool chests.$30. Several different companies including BETA

Now i know that if its to good to be true etc .  I must have clicked on something to have inspired these.

So who has taken a chance and had a wonderful tool kit arrive ?

Roy

I can just picture it falling through the letter box, a cheap made in Vietnam Swis army knife in a cardboard box (a.k.a. chest)

My wife got caught out recently, she ordered something from Mountain Warehouse but got a fake site by mistake then a few days later a cheap plastic ring that would be found in a Christmas cracker arrived. So now we have the argument that "goods were delivered" Grrrrrr

George 

My son - a clever little sausage (so he tells me) - ordered a very well spec'd mountain bike from an ad in the Daily Telegraph for £29,99.

It took ages to arrive ( they cycled all the way from China)  but when it arrived it turned out to be a pair of fairly cheap sunglasses.

He didn't bother trying to get his money back - he just didn't want the hassle.

Roger

You are in rip off Britain so expect a Chinese?

Buying from sites that are linked into Facebook is becoming ultra unreliable. The villans set-up a fake site that has a well known name and all looks fairly genuine to the average person, with many tempting offfers.  My wife was scammed twice over christmas with 'end of line' offers - both times she recieved a christmas cracker toy.  Lots of hassle but eventually her Credit Card was refunded.

The prices they offer goods at is their achilles heel  -  as they say if it looks too good to be true.....

Best avoided.

Bob

Edited by OldBob
spelling

Don’t buy anything through Facebook.:o

• 3 weeks later...

It just surprises me that sites allow these adds . Revenue I guess.

it must stop genuine deals being taken up from genuine companies