Stainless finishing strip on rear of Surrey hardtop

I am going to try and make one of these. Could anybody please tell me the overall width as indicated in the pic below? Many thanks, Richard

stainless rear Surrey.jpg

Yes, Tony supplies them - he was at the Spares Show today in the tent-like Hall (where it was possible to see things - the lighting in the other two Halls was abysmal).

Ian Cornish

Yes Tony has his hardtop stainless finishing trims on show. Excellent finish and certainly look like they'll fit nicely (need to try to confirm) I didn't buy one but if I needed one I would buy no hesitation.

I was talking with Tony and he described the 3 trial fits to jigs needed to measure and then bend to the correct shape. Labour intensive work by a skilled coachman.

Mick Richards

Yes i have heard good reports about Tony's trims and i appreciate they are not cheap because of the special tooling he had to have made especially. I am going to try and knock my own up and if it doesn't work i will probably get some of the plastic trim for the time being. However i am saving up and hopefully in about 3 years i will have enough to do a full body-off re-spray, new interior trim and re-chrome everything.  And then i will likely purchase one. :)

Why not just use the Mini sill trim for the time being.

Stuart.

Quite a fiddly job to say the least. Two strips of 2mm ss welded together and gives more of a "U profile" rather than the more square profiles i have seen online and is around 7mm thick rather than 10.5mm. It was fitting well tacked up prior to welding but has since warped so it will need more titivating and a bit more polishing although will probably leave it satin finish rather than mirror. Overall quite happy.

20240214_174820.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

That’s a great effort ! Looks really good. Lots of skill there.

Regards

Tony