Just fitting set of seat belts to my TR250 and wish to buy a pair of seat belt guides for my MX5 seats

that fit to the headrest.

There are a plethora of these available on Ebay but which ones dont rub your neck and are in the right position?

Help appreciated.

Hi Pete

I fitted these to the headrest legs of the MX5 seats in my TR6. Mine are brushed aluminium (other finishes are available), secured by a grub screw. They are very secure, you determine the position suitable for where the belt is placed at the rear and ease of use; they are nowhere near my neck.

As you say there are a plethora of them on eBay sold as being vehicle-specific. I simply checked the diameter of the hole and bought the most competitive available. Cannot remember which supplier I am afraid (somewhere in Scotland?) but very efficient and responsive as one came without its grub screw.

IMG_2758.jpeg.d4659475cb7df267115b7488f181fbb2.jpeg

Miles

PS Just noticed an alternative solution here:

https://mcusercontent.com/7f4ba299596beb373ea3cf27c/files/fad7612e-55d1-0508-d6dc-cceb5ae3c873/Issue_19_ITG_Feb_2024.pdf

Edited by MilesA

I have just purchased these after trying various methods over the last few years

I did use the Aluminium ones but found they were causing the seat belts to fray slightly so removed them.

Hopefully these will be the last ones I have to try. Off on my hols so will fit them in a few weeks when I return so will report back then.

Nigel

IMG_0419.png

Edited by Nigel A

Hi,

I use these, made from a friend for Mercedes R107, special edition of 4 units for MX5 seats in TRs.

ABLVV875eKkEbSd7UJG1ItDU4zLf7Kd_IPG5heY3

He doesn't make any of them anymore, but you can borrow his idea and DIY

Ciao, Marco

3 hours ago, Z320 said:

Hi,

I use these, made from a friend for Mercedes R107, special edition of 4 units for MX5 seats in TRs.

ABLVV875eKkEbSd7UJG1ItDU4zLf7Kd_IPG5heY3

He doesn't make any of them anymore, but you can borrow his idea and DIY

Ciao, Marco

I love those Marco.  They seem both well engineered to avoid moving and impacting the seated people in the event of a collision as well as being good to look at.  Unfortunately my skills aren’t up to copying them.

Paul