I cannot see TR6 in their listings

CHRRacing

https://chrracing.com/search?q=triumph+

My own experience of buying a TR3 radiator from a Chinese aluminium radiator company, Winner Racing, leaves me to say ‘never again, barge poles are not long enough’   

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT
31 minutes ago, John C Roberts said:

Hi Guys

Anybody purchased a Radiator from CHRRacing  from the Czech Republic.

Regards JohnR

Hi John,

are you wanting the Ali rad for weight saving purposes.

From a cooling point of view they are not as good as the original  copper finned jobbie.

Also they are structurally weaker than original. However there are some strong ones out there.

Roger

I bought an alloy rad from Coolex in Nottingham, for my 2.5 lite GT6.  The quality is excellent, and I expect it will last for decades.

Does it cool the engine better than the standard rad?? Hard to say, the manufacturer claims a modest 15% improvement in heat transfer. That's useful, but not an obvious, noticeable improvement in most conditions.... But it looks gorgeous when I lift the bonnet!

If you're not sure, I would advise staying with a standard rad. Certainly better than risking a non-standard rad from an unknown supplier.

Nigel

Bought a Racetorations alloy rad for my TR4 (fire sale on a discontinued project), super quality and nice to have something to polish. However, I can confirm that, when fitted to LNK, there was no measurable cooling improvement over my original Stanpart item. For me, the biggest improvement come from fitting a Revotec Comex fan, biggest, highest air flow I could fit on the TR4 rad (12''). Fit a standard rad but upgrade your fan was my experience BUT, we all like a bit of bling :wub:

20200806_152156_resized.jpg

Recore what you have with an up rated matrix likely cheaper, a better fit and look like new.

Andy

Hi Peter - thanks for the suggestion but I don't do the alloy rads I used to anymore - I have got a few OE Stanpart rads for 4As which have been professionally recored , but I don't have anything for a TR6.

Proper alloy rads are not cheap and you should expect to pay £400 -£500+ for a good quality UK made one - ones on fleabay for under £200 are almost certainly Chinese ones , which many people have found problematical so best to steer clear even though they are considerably cheaper.

Quality alloy rads are often quoted as having up to 35% more cooling capacity than a standard copper rad, and while indeed copper is a better heat conductor than aluminium, that's not the only determining factor - the aluminum cores used are far more efficient in all sorts of ways, and with modern design are able to deliver better cooling performance - that's not to say that a good old fashioned copper core is no good - far from it.

In use I'm not sure you can easily determine whether  an alloy rad is cooling better than a copper one but I know when I fitted an Alicool one to a local members TR6, and we were tuning the engine ( mostly at low revs and tickover) for most of the afternoon, the electric fan never came on - I thought that was pretty impressive.

Lots of different views I know, but I'm just saying it as it was from my own direct experience

Cheers Rich

Try SerckMotorsport at £439. They list one for the 6 on their website. Bought one of theirs for my 3a. It was excellent.

Tim

Alloy ones are considerably lighter.

Cooling benefit is perhaps irrelevant as the standard rads are more than up to the required specification in good nick.

We in the Leicester group used to make rads and tanks for us, however he no longer does this as he was persuaded to hand build/weld the chassis for Ultima which means he no longer has time to do other development jobs.