Returning to original colour

My “J” CP TR6 was originally saffron Yellow, changed to red by the previous owner, now under going restoration, so what are the views on returning to original colour or changing to another colour. If not original it would probably be Royal Blue, however, I assume original colour counts for something? Was saffron only on certain years of manufacture?

Phil 

Hi Phil

My previous 6 was a red one and my current one is saffron. Having got the 'redness' out of my system, I'm now smitten with the original mustard hue of a genuine 70's colour scheme. It's a keeper and looks great with a black interior and hood. 

However, as they say, it's your car and there are no rights or wrongs when it comes to personal choice. There are so many other colour options out there and why should they be Triumph colours.....now there's a thought!

Whatever colour you choose it'll be the right one.

Ray 

Hi Phil, 

Couple of us spent best part of  ayear putting to gether a Saffron TR6 for a fellow group member

finished last year its a 72 CP car he bought new.

I have to say, from initial doubts, over the rebuild time I grew to absolutely love the colour, 

I personally would have Saffron in a heratbeat now.

John.

Phil my 1972 TR6pi is in its original hue of Saffron and I absolutely love it. Far too many original colours have been changed to boring reds and Sapphire blues amongst others just look at Car and Classic to see how many red TR6's are up for sale at present. Follow your gut instinct and get it back to Saffron, I'll bet you won't regret it.

Alan G

John, Alan & Paul

Thanks for the comments, I was 80/20 for returning it to Saffron, think that’s the right thing to do. Mines registered 01/08/70.

The tub has been repaired, new floors, cill, inner and outer, new boot floor and rear panel.

Next step, repair the wings, fit panels doors and gap.

124C4781-019F-4522-B474-F41CC69ADEDF.jpeg

C56063E3-2B13-40B4-98D1-7026F9179E2A.jpeg

It seems its a choice of putting it back to the original colour a must for the purest. While other may think, is it a popular colour with the majority, if not if or when one decide to sell it, when there’s a choice of cars will it affect one’s ability to sell or the possible value?

I personally had a MG in that or similar colour I obviously liked the colour as I bought it and the colour popularity with others wasn’t my concern at the time.

Looks like the is car is coming together nicely good job.

Edited by Misfit
1 hour ago, PGB BME said:

John, Alan & Paul

Thanks for the comments, I was 80/20 for returning it to Saffron, think that’s the right thing to do. Mines registered 01/08/70.

The tub has been repaired, new floors, cill, inner and outer, new boot floor and rear panel.

Next step, repair the wings, fit panels doors and gap.

124C4781-019F-4522-B474-F41CC69ADEDF.jpeg

C56063E3-2B13-40B4-98D1-7026F9179E2A.jpeg

Hope that ratchet strap isnt too tight :blink:

Stuart.

I had my TR6 sprayed signal red, also because this is the original color for my car but I now wish I had chosen saffron. I weighed the originality factor to much. Off course it remains a personal choice.

Waldi