Not sure of the merits of one of these, but having spent many years away from car maintenance ( oh, the joy of fully maintained company cars !) I was thinking one of these might be handy to have regarding tuning of carbs. etc 

Based in Hampshire

Wow….I thought one would be OK, and I can see the point of two, as one carburettor serves a bank of two cylinders. Not sure how you get a difference in mixture between two cylinders being served by one carburettor ?

Air leak between manifold and the individual ports against the head or the carb.

Mick Richards

12 hours ago, TR Rob said:

Not sure how you get a difference in mixture between two cylinders being served by one carburettor ?

Trust me, you do !

Bob

Managed to get a full kit and instructions in excellent condition off EBay.

I presume it is fairly straight forward to set up.

However, as I have never used one before are there any tips I should be aware of in setting and adjusting the SU carbs. on my TR3a ?

Will also post in TR3A section

Edited by TR Rob
Addition

You are aiming for a blue flame , just on the edge of turning yellow.  Solid blue is too lean, solid yellow is too rich.

Don't forget to clean the glass bit after every use.

Bob

On 11/26/2023 at 2:18 AM, Lebro said:

You are aiming for a blue flame , just on the edge of turning yellow.  Solid blue is too lean, solid yellow is too rich.

Don't forget to clean the glass bit after every use.

Bob

Oh and do not go for a drive with them fitted.

Mine failed when I did that.

Important Information

Please familiarise yourself with our Terms and Conditions. By using this site, you agree to the following: Terms of Use.