TR25 concept car, thoughts?

People who know me well always say I do not mince my words so..................... its pig ugly!   There after all I was quite polite!

Alan G

4 hours ago, Crawfie said:

Concept cars are just that …a designers free for all .

Just look at it as a positive in that BMW still  have the triumph name in their thoughts ….one day a TR9 may appear . Trouble is it will be electric . 

And …..

personally I have no interest in owning an electric car, certainly not one I wish to drive for my enjoyment

Saying that for years I recall avoiding mobile phones, if people want to get hold of me they can contact the office, how that’s changed.  

Who knows maybe people could be looking back, and saying….  I remember when we first saw the TR25, it looked great and the performance was incredible what’s more you can drive it yourself.  One day maybe I’ll say to my self I want to own one.

Who knows if you own one you may even be accepted in the TR Register. Well anything is possible.

Edited by Misfit
18 hours ago, Misfit said:

Who knows if you own one you may even be accepted in the TR Register. Well anything is possible

Derek, it might be possible as it does not have wind up windows nor is it wedge shaped, so there is hope yet!

Mick

I've been building the stand for the TR Register for probably the last 30 years, designed quite a few too over this period and this was one of our best for "presenting ourselves to the passing public". As we put the cars into position I had to rope them off straight away as most of the people working in the hall on Thursday morning came over and took a good look round. A lot of these were contractors and most were young and obviously wanted to know about the TR25 but not one dismissed the TR2 and when anyone photographed the TR25 they also took a photo of the TR2 so, I for one, was very pleased that our concept had worked....IT GOT PEOPLE TO THE STAND!

I am adverse to cordoning any exhibits off in general but these two vehicles have a hefty price tag and I wanted those who like to take a photo (or two!) to get a clear view of both cars to understand their "possible connection". 

The Classic Motor Show at the NEC in November is different to most shows in this country, its what I refer to as a "Shiny Show". It draws a large proportion of the "general public" not just the "widget counters". It is our showcase (as a classic car movement) to the those who don't own one/to scared to/cant afford to/ don't know how to.

This was the right show for these two cars to appear at, if we had got them for the TR/MG spares day it would have been a total waste of time and effort (and there is a lot of both goes into these stands) as the clientele is very different........ Horses/Courses  

IMHO if you think this latest display had little effect on the passing public, reduce the footfall on the stand and repulsed the motoring press then I look forward to your input on the next one.......... 

Is it usual to feature a brand new concept car at a classic car show? In any case I think people's opinions were here based on the question of this thread, and were thoughts about this concept car, I don't think anyone is saying it wouldn't attract people that you described: "A lot of these were contractors and most were young and obviously wanted to know about the TR25...", and "...those that don't own one/to scared to/cant afford to/ don't know how to." They sound like the sort of people that like modern offerings in the first place.

I'm sure the display was well done and attracted the demographic that you describe. 

Gareth