Good sense Neil.

One will not come to you I am afraid. You will have to put the miles in and the more you see the more you will learn.

There is one out there with your name on it but you will have to do the leg work to find it.

Good luck!

Regards Harry

On 11/2/2023 at 6:17 PM, harrytr5 said:

Good sense Neil.

One will not come to you I am afraid. You will have to put the miles in and the more you see the more you will learn.

There is one out there with your name on it but you will have to do the leg work to find it.

Good luck!

Regards Harry

Thanks Harry, definitely prepared to put in the groundwork and go and test drive a few to see what’s about.

watch this space… ;)

Best

Neil

You could save yourself a lot a bother buying a good one here: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1968-triumph-tr250-58/

Better act quick on that one! SOLD for $35,000. Pretty cheap IMHO. Could have shipped it to Blighty and still had money left over.

Seems like a TR250 comes up on BaT every month or so. They will send you notifications.

Edited by Andy303
3 hours ago, Andy303 said:

You could save yourself a lot a bother buying a good one here: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1968-triumph-tr250-58/

Better act quick on that one! SOLD for $35,000. Pretty cheap IMHO. Could have shipped it to Blighty and still had money left over.

Seems like a TR250 comes up on BaT every month or so. They will send you notifications.

Hi Andy, that’s an interesting idea, and maybe something I could look into doing.
I guess with import charges, VAT and converting to R/H drive it all adds up, but I definitely couldn’t a restoration job, so would be looking for one that’s already done! ;)

Hi Neilson, 

It may be an idea to set your limit of spend and condition of car to buy and let people on the forum help, all to often have i seen people want a concours car but don't want to pay the money for that condition. I'm afraid you may not realise your expectations unless you set parameters on condition and value.

I know that prices fluctuate but that's normal.  You appear to be hard over for a 250 but Conrad on here has offered a 5 at a reasonable price. Have you checked that out? If you are buying to make some money then you have to be patient but any car will need some investment from the new owner and the new owner will need to pay someone to a, carry out the work and B. pay for parts. unless they have the time and skills that they can do it themselves.  

At 4 pages there is a lot of info on this thread and indeed advice out there but i get the impression reading the thread you are undecided about what you actually want? The option list is very long about what you can have but again it all costs.

I recently branched out into TR5 restoration having been a TR6 man for many years. I find a restoration a pleasure and a journey albeit a bit different between the two but can be costly if you want the correct standard of finish in the end. If you want to have a chat over the phone about stuff by all means drop me a PM with your contact details and i'll give you a call. Clem

5 hours ago, elclem1 said:

Hi Neilson, 

It may be an idea to set your limit of spend and condition of car to buy and let people on the forum help, all to often have i seen people want a concours car but don't want to pay the money for that condition. I'm afraid you may not realise your expectations unless you set parameters on condition and value.

I know that prices fluctuate but that's normal.  You appear to be hard over for a 250 but Conrad on here has offered a 5 at a reasonable price. Have you checked that out? If you are buying to make some money then you have to be patient but any car will need some investment from the new owner and the new owner will need to pay someone to a, carry out the work and B. pay for parts. unless they have the time and skills that they can do it themselves.  

At 4 pages there is a lot of info on this thread and indeed advice out there but i get the impression reading the thread you are undecided about what you actually want? The option list is very long about what you can have but again it all costs.

I recently branched out into TR5 restoration having been a TR6 man for many years. I find a restoration a pleasure and a journey albeit a bit different between the two but can be costly if you want the correct standard of finish in the end. If you want to have a chat over the phone about stuff by all means drop me a PM with your contact details and i'll give you a call. Clem

Hi Clem, for me I’m interested in a well sorted car preferably in Royal Blue, which is the colour I’ve wanted all along.

In terms of model, I’m quite open to a 4/4A/250 of even a 5, but I don’t think my balance will stretch to a 5 unfortunately.

I just want a car that’s ready to drive, as unfortunately I haven’t got the skills to restore one, or pay to have it done. I know that restorations generally cost more than the car’s worth, so I’d like to get one that’s already been done.

I have a budget of around £29k to play with, but definitely wouldn’t want to blow that unless it was in excellent condition.

I like the sound of a straight 6 engine, but as of yet I haven’t driven one. I’ve driven a 4 and 4A, so experienced the handling of these 2. I’m guessing the 250/5 are a lot smoother.

so in essence, if anybody is looking to sell a Royal Blue car, please PM me! 

And looking at NTC’s comment below, I’m hoping to find one well within my budget.

Best

Neil

4 hours ago, ntc said:

Did you see the Tr 6 sold today at ACA 72 cp in white and straight same family owned from new, sold at £7200 the market is on its a””” and will take a long time if ever to recover.

Hi Neil,

Wow that’s a cheap car, let’s hope I can get a 5 within my budget. Watch this space…

Neil

Something like this?

https://bicestersportscars.co.uk/car-sales/1973-triumph-tr6-3/

Its sold but gives you an idea  - Royal Blue:)

15 hours ago, ntc said:

Did you see the Tr 6 sold today at ACA 72 cp in white and straight same family owned from new, sold at £7200 the market is on its a””” and will take a long time if ever to recover.

Yes but look at it, good basis possibly to spend money on to sort out, though I bet the chassis doesnt look pretty. Sold at mid estimate. Also not what OP is after.

Stuart.

2 hours ago, stuart said:

Yes but look at it, good basis possibly to spend money on to sort out, though I bet the chassis doesnt look pretty. Sold at mid estimate. Also not what OP is after.

Stuart.

Just sold another same spec immaculate dry storage for 47 years price £10600

1 hour ago, ntc said:

Just sold another same spec immaculate dry storage for 47 years price £10600

Still going to need a ton of work if its been sat for that long plus why was it parked in the first place.

Stuart.

1 minute ago, ntc said:

Nope I have someone there it has done 32k just very rarely used.12 will get it.

Then buy it, time you had another TR.

Stuart.