TR 250 Mecum Auction

Hmm Ratco chassis, no wiper blades, TR6 r/hand front inner wing, 4/4a rear light lenses, over tyred etc etc, someone lost a packet on that then.

Stuart.

Edited by stuart
11 minutes ago, Z320 said:

Rear disc brakes, rear shock absorber in the spring,….

That car to make cost more than 77,000 USD.

I reckon you are correct Marco, well deduced. The write up says it comes with 100,000 $ of receipts. His wife weeps.

Mick Richards

From a post on The TRIUMPH Experience B):

Not bad power for a 4 cylinder ( what the ad says  ) but I'm skeptical as one who knows what it takes to really get that power from one of these engines; tall order for (3) strombergs, would require an interference cam + world class head work achievable by very very few engine gurus, 11:1+ c/r to begin with - and much more besides.

None of the modifications happen to suit my taste apart from the oil cooler ( if 16 row ), front ARB and oil filter adapter. Tires are way too big ( 165s were factory fitment for all P.I. cars ) and unpainted wing beads is quite the lost opportunity, $1000s to address. Door snaps were not fitted to hardtop cars; their presence another lost opportunity to weld up the holes before painting. Triple singles can't deliver like Weber DCOEs and it looks like the LF wheel arch was replaced with a later one with full length notch to allow the airbox employed. Door mirrors punch holes in the doors; original's single stem trapezium WINGARD type need not apply now accordingly.

Panel fit is very good and a real " Surrey " hardtop is wonderful to have as is the A-type O/D. Impressive amount of work; if it drives in line with the pitch it's puzzling why it's on the block. Real Nirvana TRs don't come up for sale unless the owner passes on.