Pi pre filter and pump mounting

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to have the pre filter and then the Bosch pump fitted along the back wall of the boot as indicated in yellow on attached photo (not my car btw)with the ability to still have the spare in the boot please? I realise the pump would need a good length of fuel pipe to run to the prv - would there be room for this pipe too? Thanks in advance.

tr6 boot.jpg

Edited by michaeldavis39
missed lineage

I have  the large CAV  filter and a Carter booster pump mounted in the back LH corner of the boot- which enabled me to mount the Bosch pump and PRV higher-above the boot level.

Apart from that back corner I could not  mount  anything in that space and still fit a spare in.Also  don't forget you need a straight run of pipe into the pump suction or you could get petrol vapourization in hot weather.

Edited by Mike C

I've learned a lot as a 1yr owner of our TR 6 and I cannot see it fitting at all. Carrying a spare is a must, even then a can of Fix O' Flat as well.

Ours is on the left as are others, the above thread shows the best place for fitting from what I've learned from others

19 hours ago, michaeldavis39 said:

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to have the pre filter and then the Bosch pump fitted along the back wall of the boot as indicated in yellow on attached photo (not my car btw)with the ability to still have the spare in the boot please? I realise the pump would need a good length of fuel pipe to run to the prv - would there be room for this pipe too? Thanks in advance.

tr6 boot.jpg

Don’t see why not as there is plenty of room in both Back Corners,I’ve added a few Photos of the set up I have with the Pump in the rear Lefthand Corner as it makes things handy for working on Filters and Pump(not so back breaking)original spare wheel also fitted.

IMG_3321.jpeg

IMG_3322.jpeg

IMG_3323.jpeg

IMG_3324.jpeg

IMG_3325.jpeg

Thinking again about your question I took some photos today whilst replacing my primary fuel filter. Hope they’re of some help!

IMG_2063.jpeg

IMG_2062.jpeg

IMG_2058.jpeg

I forgot to check this when installing my pump and pre-filter. The spare wheel (with 15-185/80 tyre) does not fit. I plan to re-locate pump and pre-filter to the LHS wheel arch, as others have done, but mainly because of safety and to get rid of the last bit of smell in the booth.

I currrently carry a repair set (with inserts that you push in the puncture-hole which will handle most cases; statistics tell me I don’t need a spare, the last leaking tyre that stopped me was when I was very much younger. I’m sure many think different.

Waldi

7 hours ago, TR NIALL said:

Don’t see why not as there is plenty of room in both Back Corners,I’ve added a few Photos of the set up I have with the Pump in the rear Lefthand Corner as it makes things handy for working on Filters and Pump(not so back breaking)original spare wheel also fitted.

IMG_3321.jpeg

IMG_3322.jpeg

IMG_3323.jpeg

IMG_3324.jpeg

IMG_3325.jpeg

Niall....the auxillary tank...extra storage or purposed as a surge tank?