Tr4a Gear Lever

Would give Conrad a shout, he has most things tucked away!!

You can buy new for the 4/4a (131507) original part number for the 4a was 143624 which is NLA

Tom

Thanks for everyone’s replies so far - I’m told the Tr4 lever is slightly different from the 4a??? re chrome I’m not too concerned in the state of the chrome if anyone does have one for a 4a. 

thanks again Dave 

If i have got this right........

TR4 lever is 274mm long with an angle of 156 degrees

Tom

180° - my measured 39° = 141°   so seems to be right for 4A  maybe the length measured is straight line, in which case my 2 levers are TR4A

Bob

Hi Bob,

So Rather than just trust my 4A has a 4A lever i decided to measure it and guess what its 274mm and 156 degrees so either at the factory or subsequent 50 years ive got the wrong lever anyway!

So I'm happy to buy one of yours if you could send me a PM and give it a go!

Hope thats ok.

Thanks

Dave

9 hours ago, DMRL said:

Hi Bob,

So Rather than just trust my 4A has a 4A lever i decided to measure it and guess what its 274mm and 156 degrees so either at the factory or subsequent 50 years ive got the wrong lever anyway!

So I'm happy to buy one of yours if you could send me a PM and give it a go!

Hope thats ok.

Thanks

Dave

Hi Dave.

You are welcome to one of them, I will clean them both up as best I can, the send you the better one.

No charge, just need your address on a PM

Bob

Straight line measurement 270mm tip to tip, "round the bend" measurement 274mm, measured angle 39°  (180-39=141°)

so seems I have length of TR4, but angle of TR4A !   The length could be reduced by cutting, & extending the thread.

One of them is actually from a 2000 Mk2 saloon (the gearbox from it is in my TR) the other given to me as a TR4 stick

Both are identical in size / shape, one is shinier than the other, but has some minor damage around the two slots in the ball.

This could be sorted with a bit of welding / grinding.

The other one has more of a blackened finish, & has no visible wear.

Who still want's one ? Dave / Andrew ?   I was thinking of fitting to my '3 but they are too long to clear the dashboard.

Bob

aa8e5f1c-a2dd-4249-81e4-0f0d879d5202.thumb.jpg.2e6193f5205c25d43c42a8674ceb7be0.jpg    61e07fb1-a47e-4c31-a029-f0e49bfdd3dd.thumb.jpg.79bb97994f8009f13bf7e49810584dab.jpg 630456b1-fc5f-45ee-a123-c58027f5b9ce.thumb.jpg.bf4afd8f111e8d0e9b1bff45a02c563f.jpg

Edited by Lebro

Bob.  Is the stick part set in a rubber bush into the ball bit?   If so they are TR5/6 or even 2000.  They would use a pin either side to locate not a through bolt as on 2/3/  Plus they use a different spring under the cap.  
The retaining cap is bayonet type slotted 

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT