Rose jointed rear drop links

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, harrytr5 said:

I'm not with you Blue. Please explain.

Regards Harry

Those are the rose jointed links I used with the anti roll bar.  They attach to the lower wishbones through eye bolts.

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

I reconditioned my 8 years young pair and sold it for a good price,

with a mist of Balistol spray (gun oil) in the ball they have been / are like new after all this time.

ADCreHethhbgI1Ll-beXovvXgb6lDUjA1Le9C9HH

Why?

I made a new design because they hooked my (modified) handbrake bowden cables when I lifted the rear.

ADCreHfC3O-1YWXDI39Q2PJ45SIlh6an-bhZ6p9e

Sadly this is only a little bit better now, but the hex bar is stainless steel now.

Currently "CK" offered a new idea: to use suitable steering tie rod end! This safes a lot of time for making the cones!

With his guide (1./2./3./4.) I found a car with suitable tie rod ends, the cones fit perfect.

ADCreHf6Ws6sJx6KjFd_D7uJOANDluvl7PkHNEvg

The length I made suitable to the dimensions (stainless steel) I already know, depht is a few [mm] more, but fit better than the original.

ADCreHehgOZN8_BGrakY9LgDtzyls_xKX6J2NtdN

From a pair of cones and rose joints I already had in my workshop also made a pair of rose joint links to clean up my workbench.

ADCreHfqDCCCyHeFiPKOd4TmDnbBVZWxFzMPG_HQ

Looks OK, lies solid in my hand, I'm pleased, I know it works, IMPO better than Rimmer or CDD

ADCreHcLSkTYizEBJMiBRPnxglmV9vtX00GQ3hgN

I just needed to buy one tool, a M12x1.25 (fine) die.
Time to go back to other projects.

Ciao, Marco

Edited by Z320

I've been trying to get a pair of these from Alastair at CDD for over a year now, when I chatted with him again at Shepton, he said he was about to start shipping them, but still nothing heard, pretty poor I think

David 

17 hours ago, stuart said:

What car did the ball joints come from Marco?

Stuart.

Hi Stuart,

I’m very pleased about suppliers like Alastair, supporting us with standard and also uprated parts.

I'm convinced he ordered a number of them and has to sell them - so sorry me, not to damage his business I can not tell.

The idea is clear, who wants to find out will find out and do a DIY project - but please don't tell the car and model at any forum.

Both pair of links I sell for about the Rimmer price and make not more again.

Ciao, Marco

Edited by Z320
On 9/24/2023 at 3:24 PM, qkingston said:

I've been trying to get a pair of these from Alastair at CDD for over a year now, when I chatted with him again at Shepton, he said he was about to start shipping them, but still nothing heard, pretty poor I think

David 

I have a set here David. (Rose jointed as already shown) PM me if you want them.

Regards Harry