Wanted - Black M.U. to injector fuel line.

Hi Dan

I have never done it, but I am told by someone who has, the ends can be cut off and 'sweated' back on the newly cut hose using a small split wooden block with a hole in it?

Might be worth a post on the TR6 forum??

John

The fittings should be just pushed back on using the blocks to hold the tube, no heating of the tube should be done, just warm, room temperature, ....  and the chances are that an old used tube will just split during the process, new tubing is available from various sources, so that's the best way to go.

Cheers Rob 

doing in situ not the easiest way either. i tend to put my wooden clamps in a vice at room temp fit the end and refit to the car using a new piece of pipe. Clem

Just had t do this yesterday to fix a leak on a new pipe which had scoring to the male olive fitting.

Cut it off to sort it. The pipe was very difficult to push home completely without kinking despite the warm weather. Ended up pushing it on as far as possible then a quick dip into boiled water and it went on the rest of the way no problem.

Andy

1 hour ago, PodOne said:

Just had t do this yesterday to fix a leak on a new pipe which had scoring to the male olive fitting.

Andy

Sounds familiar Andy, someone had used a Stanley knife to cut the old pipe off one of my unions, then not cleaned up the scoring damage before fitting a new pipe.

would recomment anyone changing pipes to be careful cutting off the flexi pipework and check unions before re-fitting new lines.
Bob

It shows you how to make up the hardwood block in the Brown bible.

I have done this several times and always cold, have not tried the boiling water which normally works for anything else.

Good luck, once you have done one it becomes easier.

Regards Harry

Important Information

Please familiarise yourself with our Terms and Conditions. By using this site, you agree to the following: Terms of Use.