I found a great decal maker.

I was always a little uncomfortable with my TR7 V8 being badged as a TR8 so I decide to re badge it. I couldn’t find anyone that sold the badges that I needed, so after contacting several decal makers who either didn’t reply or who weren’t interested in a small job, I discovered Smithy Signs near Dawlish in Devon. Within a week of providing him with the image and font that I needed, I had the decals.

Admittedly I only needed the TR7 V8 decal to match my existing decals but it came out at £25 including postage. A good result I think!

I can’t recommend this chap highly enough so if you need anything made up, I’m sure that he can help.

Rodders.

2E413939-0311-425B-9368-9A38614796C8.jpeg

D1349324-3FE2-4FBC-ABBA-BB0FD8CD01DD.jpeg

The new decals look great, Rodders.  I'm guessing those are cut vinyl, yes?  Do they have an overlay film?

And parking the TR7 V8 on carpet?!  :D  You're a braver man than I.  Or maybe it's a sidescreen thing...

Don, I did own 3 sidescreen TRs. My first TR, a ‘54 longdoor 2 was bought in 1962. Unbeknown to me at that time,  prior to the previous owner, the car was used as a publicity car by Triumph. I attach a link to an interesting clip of film of the car featured in a film made about 1955. It was called “Break in the circle” also featuring Eva Bartok and Forrest Tucker. The car still exists I believe owned by a Register member but is in need of renovation.

The photo is of my wife and I leaving for a short honeymoon in 1965. As we all often say, “wish I had it now”.\

9AE3283C-AE6E-4172-B892-E8273F90200D.jpeg

EA0AD363-35CA-46E7-9D53-C7254F721ECC.jpeg

Edited by modelbuilder
25 minutes ago, TR NIALL said:

Rodders do you know where the Garage was please.0F8C716A-BE4B-4EB7-AA19-16C91C15AFA5.thumb.jpeg.6521a7ff61fd1585ddc13026b488247f.jpeg

North side of the Thames opposite Battersea Power Station by the looks?

Excellent decal Rodders and a lovely story with PDU730.

I knew you had owned PDU730 but I’ve never seen that period film. I’m with Rog, seems to be opposite Battersea power station.

Iain

Ps it’s never too late…….

26 minutes ago, modelbuilder said:

You are both probably right about the location. I had no idea to be honest.

Rodders.

As a Bray Studios Film production, it would have been a somewhat short location shoot. 

I would like to know where the Cornish? port/village he sets off from is, if anyone can help?  

I’m fairly sure that the fishing village was Looe.  Marius Goring also starred in what was obviously a budget film with a a plot typical of the early fifties, not very convincing.

Rodders.

Edited by modelbuilder
34 minutes ago, modelbuilder said:

I’m fairly sure that the fishing village was Looe.  Marius Goring also starred in what was obviously a budget film with a a plot typical of the early fifties, not very convincing.

Rodders.

Thanks!

Thought so, interesting to see/compare how a Cornish village has changed so little, in all those years, compared to West London!

7 hours ago, modelbuilder said:

I was always a little uncomfortable with my TR7 V8 being badged as a TR8 so I decide to re badge it. I couldn’t find anyone that sold the badges that I needed, so after contacting several decal makers who either didn’t reply or who weren’t interested in a small job, I discovered Smithy Signs near Dawlish in Devon. Within a week of providing him with the image and font that I needed, I had the decals.

Admittedly I only needed the TR7 V8 decal to match my existing decals but it came out at £25 including postage. A good result I think!

I can’t recommend this chap highly enough so if you need anything made up, I’m sure that he can help.

Rodders.

2E413939-0311-425B-9368-9A38614796C8.jpeg

D1349324-3FE2-4FBC-ABBA-BB0FD8CD01DD.jpeg

This company?

https://www.smithysigns.co.uk/

On 3/23/2023 at 8:31 PM, modelbuilder said:

You are both probably right about the location. I had no idea to be honest.

A bit late to the party but......

Grosvenor road by Churchill Gardens

bmnk3.jpg.67aae13942706b1792c993d02d1dcd1f.jpg

Edited by RobH