Using the TR Regularly

Can’t believe how much dry weather we have had this winter. I have took my beloved car out every Sunday or Saturday for the last five weeks. It’s been fantastic to use the car this much in totally dry weather. Anyone else taking advantage. 

1 minute ago, Ransomes256 said:

Too much salt on the roads round here.

And here. The roads have been white with the stuff for a couple of months and there hasn't been sufficient rain lately to wash them clear. 

Yep, mine is used regardless of the weather - to be honest I could do with some heavy rain around here to wash the salt away, there is still plenty on the roads which has usually been removed by now.

……… Andy

It is 39degC here today. The cars and me are staying indoors.

My BRG TR2 is my daily driver so it is out a lot. The other TRs I try to drive on a 30km run at least once a fortnight and a long run every month or so.

Hope the weather holds we are in Sydney for a week next month before embarking on our cruise 

Only driven out twice in last 2.5++ months due to Bucks Co Council turning the roads white with way too much salt :(

The last month have seen no frosts in Staffordshire so no salt, been lucky I suppose. We will definitely get some salt this week but hey ho I am off to Spain for a week on Thursday, nice and sunny there.

Regular (2/3 times a month) dry winter use here in Somerset where they dont salt the roads much apart from the A303

I have always found that the car loves all that cold air intake and goes much better on a cold day than on a hot summers day.

I have been managing around 60-70 miles every other Sunday, & whilst dry, the roads still appear to be a bit greasy, but that could be because of 340bhp in the TR6.

The cold air is a benefit though, there is a noticeable difference in charge temperature via the intercooler.

Cheers.

Good to see a few of us still using in Winter times