TR5 Boot Badges

I have just received the 2 boot badges for a TR5 from one of the big suppliers and was amazed to see that the 2 badges are completely different colours. one is cream and the other yellow. When I phone to have a moan I was told 'oh yes they are different, they are made by 2 different suppliers' ! Obviously they cannot be used as they sit so close to each other. Also the TRIUMPH badge does not have the knock out to accommodate the overdrive badge. Can anybody recommend a decent source for these badges please.

Many thanks,

Tim

20230222_165525.thumb.jpg.db35c31615175db75fddb1066392c448.jpg

Hi Tim, even on ebay the badges come in various shades.

Obviously an Original is best and looks the part, font and colour, but are expensive.

Or buy worn Originals and spend more money having them properly re Enamelled and Chromed.

Cheap and cheerful = not very pretty.

Cheers,  Conrad.

Thanks Conrad. I didn’t realise that they would be this bad! Will return them and bide my time! TRF have got some in stock at 199USD each so I guess they must be ok?!

3 hours ago, openroad said:

Hi Tim, even on ebay the badges come in various shades.

Obviously an Original is best and looks the part, font and colour, but are expensive.

Or buy worn Originals and spend more money having them properly re Enamelled and Chromed.

Cheap and cheerful = not very pretty.

Cheers,  Conrad.

Edited by Tim T
Error
10 minutes ago, pfenlon said:

I have had these badges rechromed in the past and it hasn't affected the enamelling........

Unfortunately I don't have any badges at all to get refurbished/rechromed so will just be patient and see what turns up for sale. I have a couple of years before the car will be on the road.

Thanks,

Tim

John, many thanks for your input. I am not sure that I would dare risk putting those on a car even if I could afford them! I suppose you still have the steering wheel as well.

Many thanks,

Tim

3 hours ago, Pridewood said:

Hello Tim,

I undrestand. No. The steering wheel has found a new home and the new owner is very pleased.

Best regards

John

I’m sure.

Nice to hear from you again John, we have dealt many times in the past and yes it would be nice to meet up again.

Kindest

Alan Graham

Hello Alan,

Yes will not forget. Nice to hear from you. I hope you and your family are all well and it would be nice to see you again. I can not believe that Nigel is no longer with us.

My best wishes

John

Edited by Pridewood
  • 1 month later...

Hi Tim,

The TR5PI badge looks correct in your photo but not the TRIUMPH. I believe TRF's TRIUMPH badge will match the TR5PI badge.

TRF has the best TR250 badges in the business but there was not enough support ( last I knew ) to produce the TR5PI badge. 

Here's the best file photo I have depicting TRF badges:

IMA 68 TR ALBUM COMPLETE 013.jpg

On 2/22/2023 at 2:32 PM, Tim T said:

...TRF have got some in stock at 199USD each so I guess they must be ok?!

I'm with @Tom Fremont on the quality of The Roadster Factory's enamelled badges.  I have one of their red/black TR3 badges on my car (the original blue/white is in my office bookcase).  That TR3 badge is absolutely perfect.  Charles Runyan took a lot of care with badges, and the Birmingham jeweler he worked with to make them knew their trade.

Pricey, yes, but the best by far.