Quite some time ago I stripped down my TR3A (albeit very much a bitsa) to re-build it.  Thirteen years  and two lock-up moves later, I am hoping that retirement is going to give me more time, and I am making a concerted effort to get it finished this year -.  Having carried out a bit of a stock take I came across these little brackets which, I am embarrassed to admit, I cannot identify.

They are handed and have a slight crank in one leg and  are obviously made for the job, whatever it might have been - as opposed the the various creations of Messrs. Bodgit and Scarper who did the original "restoration" long before I bought the car.  The battery is for scale and is an AAA size.

Hopefully there won't be too many more I can't identify.

Dave

20230117_165414.jpg

Edited by Dave Herrod
typo

They look like a sort of front anti roll bar mount bracket that is bolted to the bumper irons.  Perhaps PO was going to weld them in place or drill and bolt once it was all closely fitted together.

Item 10 here

1511548647_ffsusp.jpeg.52ffb695eda818d4143c7f061bc8e836.jpeg

Thank you all for having a look.  As no one recognises them, and I cannot remember taking them off, I am going to work on the basis that they aren't part of my car put them somewhere safe just in case I come across somewhere in a different project where they might fit.

They are pretty small and the holes would only take 1/4" bolts, so nothing very heavy. 

Thanks again, guys.

Dave.

Don, I would say that is exactly what they are - thank you.

That leaves me even more perplexed as my windscreen doesn't have those plates fitted and I certainly didn't remove them.  Perhaps they were kicking around loose somewhere else in the car or in a box of assorted bits.

Many thanks again.

Dave

46 minutes ago, Dave Herrod said:

My next question, is should they be black or body colour?

They're normally finished in Triumph CBP.  Cheap black paint.

Thank you Don.   I had never seen that type of seal  pressure bracket.   Must only be on aluminium screen frames.  The ones on mt Dzus stanchion chrome brass frame are pear shaped and made from chromes brass sheet.  They screw to the stanchion not the tenon plate.

Just now, BlueTR3A-5EKT said:

Thank you Don.   I had never seen that type of seal  pressure bracket.   Must only be on aluminium screen frames.  The ones on mt Dzus stanchion chrome brass frame are pear shaped and made from chromes brass sheet.  They screw to the stanchion not the tenon plate.

Those photos and brackets are original to my TR3B, Peter.  Stanchions on my car are screwed to the body with no plates, and it's definitely not an aluminum screen frame.  Perhaps a mod for later cars.

Those black steel brackets screw into the stanchions, through clearance holes in the tenon plates.  You can see the pair of small holes in the stanchions here.
i-xP5kMk7-X3.jpg

12 minutes ago, BlueTR3A-5EKT said:

You live and learn.

Moss USA lists them as post-60000, but they're not available as spares.

Thanks again,  Don.  I can certainly do CBP. 

I will have a good look at the screen tomorrow as I don't recall seeing those two holes in the bottom of the stanchions.  My screen is a chromed brass dzus type but the tenon plates are aluminium.  I did say it was a bitsa!

I think they are more likely TR3B only as Ive never seen them on post 60K cars

Normally they have these small plates which are a bugger to fit

Stuart.

TS 1013 036.jpg