TR3A Mathewson Auctions.

According to the auction site the current V5, old V5s  and past MOTs are present. I wonder what number they carry?  

I have come across something similar before, a friend of mine owns a TR3A with the commission no CYO 1201889 sold to him by a well known and respected TR dealership, before he purchased it I advised him to ask the dealership about the non standard number, the reply was that the car is an import from South Africa and came without any commission or body numbers so was provided with a new number from DVLA. I'm not sure I totally believe that, (other documentation with car doesn't ring true).Next time I visit him I will get the engine number and hopefully if it's original at least try to tie down an approximate date of manufacture. (Picture of said car)  Cheers, Bill.

DSCI0384.jpg

Edited by billy l