TR6 Tips and Tricks

Why complicate it?   Sure, a Carcoon has all the bells and whistles, but one of those is £700 to three  times as much.   

Plastic joints, bamboo and clingfilm, I'm sure £50 would do it.   But I've seen garden fruit cages, metal, with plastic netting to keep the birds out and a built in door, for less than £300.   The clingfilm and a fan would be extra, but the mesh would support the first and the fan costs less than  a fiver.

This is an an exercise in KISS!

16 hours ago, Motorsport Mickey said:

Plus carbon and foam filters for the fan and a zip 12" wide into the wall structure at 4 foot high at one end opposite the fan to allow the pumped air to bleed out at a rate decided by yourself (don't fully unzip)when the chamber is used to dry out a wet car put inside. Zip it closed just for storage. The cling film won't be robust enough, talk to your local packaging firm for stabilised plastic sheet that'll last 5 or 6 years.

Mick Richards

Plus a zippered and velcroed door on one side so you can get in and out. I was lucky to buy mine from a trade seller a few years ago and paid £400 for it, well worth it and does the job for lots of years. Plus if I did ever want to sell it there is a good s/hand market for them.

Stuart.

On 12/14/2022 at 2:54 PM, stuart said:

Plus a zippered and velcroed door on one side so you can get in and out. I was lucky to buy mine from a trade seller a few years ago and paid £400 for it, well worth it and does the job for lots of years. Plus if I did ever want to sell it there is a good s/hand market for them.

Stuart.

If it was from Tom, it was probably mine once - great bit of kit. 

Cheers, Andrew 

1 hour ago, Andrew Smith said:

If it was from Tom, it was probably mine once - great bit of kit. 

Cheers, Andrew 

No it was a brand new one from a Fleabay seller.

Stuart.

• 1 year later...

Don't depress  the clutch pedal while starting- unlike most modern cars.

When starting with a depressed clutch the thrust bearings have a high loading, but no oil pressure.

(Courtesy of Mike C)