Indicator Warning Buzzer

My ‘6 has a common problem of non cancelling indicators. Does anyone in this esteemed group have experience of fitting a buzzer into the circuit which alerts me to manually cancel the indicator? I only use the vehicle al fresco which means the wind / road noise prevents me from hearing the barely audible click, delivered by the flasher unit itself. (Not to mention age related deafness at certain frequencies).  

If there is advise members can offer will they share? 

I had same problem, but managed to address the failure to cancel issues instead. Its a fairly simple arrangement which works if correctly set up, in my case the column had clearly been disconnected at some point and refitted without consideration of the relationship between the cancelling clip and the Indicator stalk. Bit of a faff to sort it but not difficult.

14 minutes ago, JohnEDixon said:

My ‘6 has a common problem of non cancelling indicators. Does anyone in this esteemed group have experience of fitting a buzzer into the circuit which alerts me to manually cancel the indicator? I only use the vehicle al fresco which means the wind / road noise prevents me from hearing the barely audible click, delivered by the flasher unit itself. (Not to mention age related deafness at certain frequencies).  

If there is advise members can offer will they share? 

Hi John,

I've sent you a PM

Roger

23 hours ago, Macleesh said:

I had same problem, but managed to address the failure to cancel issues instead. Its a fairly simple arrangement which works if correctly set up, in my case the column had clearly been disconnected at some point and refitted without consideration of the relationship between the cancelling clip and the Indicator stalk. Bit of a faff to sort it but not difficult.

Same here. The cancelling clip on mine had been rotated at some point in its life. I ended up disconnecting the upper & lower columns to align correctly. At the same time I resolved the embarrassing issue of the horn going off mid turn by leaving a 3mm gap between the steering wheel & column. Indicators work perfectly now. As Macleesh says simple enough but a faff to do.

Alan 

I fitted an led warning light ( it's an led that works with original type flasher relay) from classiccarlighting that is very easy to see even in sunlight. Might be to bright at night though if you drive the car alot at night, which I dont.