European Breakdown Directory - Mobile APP

This is a stand alone app not connected to any other software. To create an account use your email address and create a unique password for it. We are getting about 100 new users per month from right across Europe.

Any issues, then please send me a pm or an email at international@tr-register.co.uk so I can try to help.

Mick

• 2 months later...

The app has now won two industry awards in the last few weeks:

Digital Media Award at the Classic Motor Show at the NEC

Innovation Award at the Royal Automobile Club Historic awards.

The community is still growing as we now have 875 users plus 441 garages across 21 countries. The garages are suggested by members of Triumph TR clubs across Europe. There is a growing number of reviews from members using those garages. How about leaving feedback on your favourite local TR garage. Download the app and press find garage in the main menu. Select the garage and press review. If the garage is not there then press add garage from the main menu.

We have had some amazing stories and feedback from members. Many of them where, with the use of the app, they have had their TR fixed by a local garage and continued their holiday, tour or rally rather than be taken home on the back on a truck. 

Mick

IMG-20221111-WA0006.jpg

IMG20221111204242.jpg

26FB6894-0345-4F41-A551-03D4D7D302C0.jpeg

IMG-20221124-WA0001.jpg

During a trip with the Dutch TRCH in August in the UK, one car of our group broke down with a diff failure. With the app it was very easy to find out TRGB were near, and when I contacted them, they were very helpful!

A well-deserved recognition, and a simple (non-IT) mind like me can only guess what it takes to make such an app work!

In the end it was Graham (“TRGraham” on the forum) who happened to drive past on his way to prepare for the concours he organised that same weekend who offered to replace the rear differential/shaft! Now that is a coincidence!

Cheers,
Waldi

• 5 months later...

With the touring and 'out and about' season getting into full swing, I decided to have another look at the app, which I think is an absolutely excellent concept by the way. My 6 is also going to be parked up in Devon (I live in London) for a couple of weeks shortly, so I wondered if there was a TR / classic car garage locally that might be able to undertake a few tasks on it whilst it was idle.

I was surprised to find that there doesn't seem to be a garage listed west of Stalbridge in Dorest, but also that there are very few reviews recorded for those garages that are listed.

It seems to me that the success and confidence in the App depends on user input in identifying garages but also adding reviews and experiences even if others have already done so; user experiences may differ! Who here is not influenced by the reviews and stars allocated to suppliers / products when buying products from eBay, Amazon and other online suppliers?

I suppose therefore that this is a bit of a plea for readers to contribute to and so improve the value of the app. I appreciate that I am only addressing a small proportion of the membership, so the plea extends to those who participate in local group to take the message back to their cosy pub meetings and get them to contribute. Oh, and I don't really buy the 'I don't do technology' response; it isn't difficult and ultimately someone else can do it for you.

Miles

• 1 month later...
35 minutes ago, roy53 said:

So how and where do you download the app. 

Roy

Just search for ‘TR Register’ on the Apple App Store - or the Android app store relevant to your device.