I have a selection of whitworth spanners that came with some other tools I bought at an auction. I am no expert but I believe whitworth were mainly used on British motorcycles? I don't have an old motor cycle so looking to sell them. Some are super slim some britool and some other old good makes. I was thinking couple of quid each plus postage? Collection welcome. Apparently my picture is to large to post so will try from my laptop later

16494428137226703968435100941335.jpg

It's worth remembering that Whitworth spanners also fit BSF fasteners, but one size up -  i.e. 1/4" BSW also fits 5/16" BSF .  

18 hours ago, Jase said:

Unfortunately they aren't worth much :( lots of sets on ebay for a few quid or at least they were when I was looking last year

Dooooh I'll have to keep going to work then :(

don't think I'll use them so open to offers

11 hours ago, RobH said:

It's worth remembering that Whitworth spanners also fit BSF fasteners, but one size up -  i.e. 1/4" BSW also fits 5/16" BSF .  

I have a good set in my car that were hardly used because they were Whit, fantastic spanners and they fit everything

Some Whitworth spanners have the vehicle manufacturers name cast in, and are collected. Ford, BSA, Triumph are quite common but others such as Vellocette or Rolls Royce will fetch a few quid.

The little black 4 way open ender at the top of the photo is often marked BSA.

George 

On 4/13/2022 at 7:49 PM, Richmac said:

Brake adjuster? Do you mean this?

Sorry, I was using the phone and couldn't see it. Yes, that's the one, but no the size I was looking for.

Pete

Important Information

Please familiarise yourself with our Terms and Conditions. By using this site, you agree to the following: Terms of Use.