When you have 90 minutes...

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

USOs are Unidentified Submerged Objects. Russian subs have reported sonar returns from objects travelling submerged at hundreds of knots. Ships have reported huge objects rising out of the sea and flying  away. This USO is interesting because of its humanoids: http://www.thinkaboutitdocs.com/june-1947-near-malta-little-people-on-type-of-submarine/

• 3 weeks later...

Fermi's paradox- where are the aliens? A modern view: Christopher Mellon spent nearly 20 years in the U.S. Intelligence Community, including serving as the Minority Staff Director of the Senate Intelligence Committee and the Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Intelligence. In his free time, Mellon works to raise awareness regarding the UAP issue and its implications for national security.

https://thedebrief.org/the-paradox-of-fermis-paradox/?fbclid=IwAR00GO6YPe-AfO8iTne2-94EJk-uRc5GMmQ5wf5NjrXQcJ0QiSE6gfazsCs

He  reprimands scientists, especially in academia, for their almost total ignorance of decades of UFO/UAP observations. Quite right too.

Peter

• 2 weeks later...

Contactees claim to have met with human ( or human-looking) UFOnauts and taken to Venus etc. They are widely ignored by UFO researchers. But human-looking UFO occupants are not uncommone, even accompanying the "grays".  This interviewee met a human ( or human-looking( UFO occupant and held a conversation..............by telepathy ( also quite common in the literature of close encounters).

New interview with Dr Jacques Vallee, the eminence grise of UFO researchers,now in his early 80s. Focus is on the 1945 UFO crash in New Mexico 20miles from the site of the first A-bomb explosion. Vallee is extraordinarily well read, covering UFOs from many angles (eg Passport to Magonia embraces UFO-type phenomena in antiquity). All of his books are worth reading ( maybe not his four volume diaries though). Peter

The research paper Vallee describes, a first for UFO research in many decades, is  here: https://jeremydmcgowan.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/1-s2.0-S0376042121000907-main.pdf

Section 3.1 describes the event.

With Congress damanding annual UAP reports from the Pentagon the abundance of observational evidence for UFOs and their occupants may be beginning to attract interest from scientists globally.

Peter

Peter,

Once again, the Scientific Method is to Observe, Theorise, Predict and  Experiment, challenging, disproving or improving your theory.  While Ufology had been extensive in the first and bold in the second, it has totally failed in the the third and fourth arms of the Method.   More and yet more reports get you nowhere, and prove nothing.

John

Edited by john.r.davies
15 hours ago, john.r.davies said:

Peter,

Once again, the Scientific Method is to Observe, Theorise, Predict and  Experiment, challenging, disproving or improving your theory.  While Ufology had been extensive in the first and bold in the second, it has totally failed in the the third and fourth arms of the Method.   More and yet more reports get you nowhere, and prove nothing.

John

John, Scientists  by and large are totally ignorant of the huge amount of observations of UFO phenomena. They are not even on the first rung of the ladder of exploring the phenomena. A tiny proportion of the world's scientists are rising to the challenge, and have amassed data over seven decades that prove there are high strangeness events that point to an unknown intelligence involved. No scientist can any longer legitimately claim that all UFO phenomena are hoaxes/hallucinations reported by deluded individuals. The explanations of the UFO phenomena are likely to be by far the most dramatic event in human history. Scientists have work to do , but few yet realise that.  I was a sceptic until a few years ago, but soon realised that my stance was based upon ignorance, not knowledge. Peter

6 minutes ago, Lebro said:

Looks like Peter was right all along, this landed in Sussex yesterday:

fffbe9ed-865f-4b1c-9207-b79bc099e109.thumb.jpg.8f7e4e6e5b3b13e852db0bb2bb484c34.jpg  77f9e392-a5b6-407a-bcbf-d4acc56dc9ef.thumb.jpg.e672cbbc716b786df953d090b465dc4e.jpg  

Army man said it was just a weather balloon, but I'm not sure.

Bob :ph34r:

I expect it was just dropping in to visit its strange Sussex friends. :rolleyes:

Peter

Goodwood......... In my wilder imaginings, what better way for a UFO to announce its presence to the world than to overtake a F1 grid on the first lap...............

.....and finish the race after lapping the field many times. 12,000 mph is not unusual.

Oh, Peter, spare us.   That's fifteen times the speed of sound, which would shatter every car and building window across southern England.  You would have a few observers then!

But you don't, do you?  Let alone any theory that non-ufologists will accept, because like the mainstream scientists who you accuse of ignoring the theory that alien visitors exist, ufologists ignore the possibility that their isolated 'observers' are mistaken, misleading or medicated.

The corrollary to Fermi's paradox is that only electromagnetic radiation can get from star to star in a useful time.    Sure, ask why can't we hear them, but visit us?   

John 

PS Of course they do!  See 

https://www.tr-register.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/81223-my-alien-hat/page/2/&tab=comments#comment-774167

Edited by john.r.davies
4 hours ago, john.r.davies said:

Oh, Peter, spare us.   That's fifteen times the speed of sound, which would shatter every car and building window across southern England.  You would have a few observers then!

But you don't, do you?  Let alone any theory that non-ufologists will accept, because like the mainstream scientists who you accuse of ignoring the theory that alien visitors exist, ufologists ignore the possibility that their isolated 'observers' are mistaken, misleading or medicated.

The corrollary to Fermi's paradox is that only electromagnetic radiation can get from star to star in a useful time.    Sure, ask why can't we hear them, but visit us?   

John 

PS Of course they do!  See 

https://www.tr-register.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/81223-my-alien-hat/page/2/&tab=comments#comment-774167

JOhn,  As I keep emphasising most of the population, especially scientists, are ignorant of the extent of the observations of the UFO phenomenon. You are quite right that 12,000 mph in human technology would create a sonic boom, not to mention skin friction with air melting materials. HOWEVER There are many examples of UFOs travelling at thousands of mph, observations go back to the 1950s. Pilots Nash and Fortenberry in 1952 is an excellent example , they reported of a group of UFOs moving at 2000 feet asl at 6 to 12,000 mph. The 2004 Nimitz tic-tac UFOs are another example of extreme velocity and acceleration.

Nash and Fortenberry http://www.nicap.org/reports/nash-tulien.htm

and an independent witness on the ground saw the departing UFOs:  1952 14 July USS Roanoke http://www.project1947.com/47cats/usnavydraft1.htm#1850

The total absence of sonic booms across a swathe on North Virginia is a clue to something happening that science ( or engineering) utterly fails to explain.   Unfortunately the vast majority of scientists and engineers are blind to the rich display of "That's really odd" events.

We have no idea how the Nash and Fortenberry UFOs do that feat. And it would seem that after 70 years neither do the military engineers. My working hypothesis is that the UFOs are somehow able to manipulate "time". But "time" itself is far from being understood by physicists. The study of UFOs, and other strange time-related phenomena (eg precognition), are an opportunity to advance science. But science is by and large un-aware.

Peter

Hi Peter & John,

regarding the sonic boom. At present us humans (me included with no alien hat) are very inexperienced with fast speeds and the racket they create.

For the last 70 years we have only been concerned with going Super & Hyper sonic and trying to keep everything together.

There has been no research into how to keep it quiet.

However Aerospace in general has been quite busy since the late 60' trying to keep the basic jet engine under some audio control.

Their first attempts were to make the exhaust duct exit edge raged/crinkled rather than a neat round tube. This helped to mix the jet eflux with the outside air.

It had a very good effect but still loud.  It is the very hot gases shearing with the cold outside temp air.

They came up TRumps with the high Bypass fan engine = RB211 etc etc     This still mixed the hot gases with the outside world but now there was 90% cold fan air mixing with 10% hot gases + the crinkled exhaust nozzle

So how do you adapt this idea for a sonic boom - Haven't got a clue.

Until it is found to have cost benefits nobody will look

Roger

Edited by RogerH

No experience with the sonic boom?  Listen, I lived in Bristol on the 70s.   Concorde flew over every day, "Boom, Boom!". Not distressing but audible.   And, I was at the hospital next door to Filton the day the last Concorde left.

The plan was for a high level fly past, accompanied by the Red Arrows to salute its native airfield.  What happened was that the Concorde test pilot,pissed off and reckoning that his career was over anyway, forsook the RAs and beat up the runway at zero height, with the afterburners on!

The noise was indescribable.   I was in the obstetric ward, women and babies crying, the windows - I do not know how they stayed intact,. Men, mostly Filton workers who would lose their jobs, cheering and this hellish ... Noise!

But back to flying saucers.  Peter, when  scientists come across something they cannot explain, they try to use existing theory to explain it.   It is when those of a religious bent come across the inexplicable that they believe in the impossible, or to be polite, the most unlikely.

Trained pilots see something, apparently travelling at multiples of sound speed, with no boom.   It is rational to say that they did not see an object travel so fast, but were mistaken, and to seek explanation of the mistake.   It is irrational to say, because we cannot explain it any other way, that they saw an alien spacecraft break every law of physics that we know of.

John

1 minute ago, john.r.davies said:

No experience with the sonic boom?  Listen, I lived in Bristol on the 70s.   Concorde flew over every day, "Boom, Boom!". Not distressing but audible.   And, I was at the hospital next door to Filton the day the last Concorde left.

The plan was for a high level fly past, accompanied by the Red Arrows to salute its native airfield.  What happened was that the Concorde test pilot,pissed off and reckoning that his career was over anyway, forsook the RAs and beat up the runway at zero height, with the afterburners on!

The noise was indescribable.   I was in the obstetric ward, women and babies crying, the windows - I do not know how they stayed intact,. Men, mostly Filton workers who would lose their jobs, cheering and this hellish ... Noise!

Hi John,

Why didn't you read what I posted.  We, the whole of mankind, have not researched how to silence the boom.

You talk about how it was noisy - old hat - I was talking about the lack of research due to no financial gain.

Roger

55 minutes ago, john.r.davies said:

But back to flying saucers.  Peter, when  scientists come across something they cannot explain, they try to use existing theory to explain it.   It is when those of a religious bent come across the inexplicable that they believe in the impossible, or to be polite, the most unlikely.

Trained pilots see something, apparently travelling at multiples of sound speed, with no boom.   It is rational to say that they did not see an object travel so fast, but were mistaken, and to seek explanation of the mistake.   It is irrational to say, because we cannot explain it any other way, that they saw an alien spacecraft break every law of physics that we know of.

John

John, My view of science is clearly diammetrically opposite to yours. I see science as an exploration into the unknown. Paradigms , or "laws" as you call them are there to be challenged, and when simple observations transgress those "laws" scientists are entitled, indeed expected in my view, to rise to the challenge.  If science fails to accept the challenge its validity in our societies, its utility, will come under attack. It is jusr as well that UFOs chose not to join in a F1 race - the public will ask "where were our scientists? are they asleep? 

The assumption that  UFOs are extraterrestrial spacecraft is not universally held. Vallee's works point towards extradimenssional lntelligence. They may have evolved in parallel with human, from another dimension.  Observations in the fields of psychical research also point to anomalies in time that  are not explicable by current laws. Precognition, NDEs, are examples that minstream science has yet to explore.

There is exciring science to be done ! It is not obvious in the UK press that the US Congress has ignited interest in some scientists to UFO/ET phenomena, largely because US Navy pilots report them almsot weekly. ( You deny those reports too?)  . Avi Loeb a Harvard astrophysicist has set up the Galileo project to try to photograph them. And there's SETI. But a more earthly origin of UFOs might deny these ET approaches success. The biology of  the intelligence operating these UFOs is unknown. Is it human from our future? Is it ET, or ED? UFOnaut corpses have been recovered and secreted away by US agencies. My hope is that Congress expand its annual quizzing of the Pentagon to release all the biological information they obtained over the past seven decades.

Peter

1 hour ago, RogerH said:

Hi John,

Why didn't you read what I posted.  We, the whole of mankind, have not researched how to silence the boom.

You talk about how it was noisy - old hat - I was talking about the lack of research due to no financial gain.

Roger

Roger,  Nash&Fortenberry will have alerted military intelligence to the absence of sonic boom in 1952, a few days before a flight of saucers over-flew Washington DC and the White House.  Aeroengineers will likely have been tasked in secret to understand the phenomenon. Given that the discs werw 100 feet diameter their geometry offers no clues. In seventy years the sonic boom has not been resolved by humans. Russia and China both had extensive  secret UFO resarch programmes.

UFOs are silent, or nearly so. Their propulsion is a total mystery. They can extinguish car headlights remotely, kill engine igntitons, and disrupy aircraft and missile electronice remotely. Nuclear ICBMs have been inactivated, or launch sequence initiated.

The gain in military advantage in replicating these technologies would be world-dominating. The US regarded its UFO programmes as more secret than the A-bomb, and probably still does.

Peter

1 hour ago, Peter Cobbold said:

UFOs are silent, or nearly so. Their propulsion is a total mystery. They can extinguish car headlights remotely, kill engine igntitons, and disrupy aircraft and missile electronice remotely. Nuclear ICBMs have been inactivated, or launch sequence initiated.

Peter

Kill ignition?  Disrupt electronics? Petty achievements!   The religious believe in many things that are a "total mystery" and without explanation.  They believe that water can be made into wine in the carafe or that the dead may be raised to life.   How is that different from believing that an object can travel fifteen times faster than sound, in atmosphere, and make no noise?  As one example of a UFO "miracle"?

Peter, you advocate a religion, not science

John

Hi John,

Biblical miracles happened a very long time before they were written.

It is highly likely that misinterpretation occurred  along with translation issues.

These UFO things are modern and tend to be reported quite quickly. No interpretation issues etc.

Comparing one with the other is simply grasping at straws.

I do n't believe in miracles but I am religious.  I donlt believe in UFO's but I do have an Alien hat.

Roger

4 hours ago, john.r.davies said:

Kill ignition?  Disrupt electronics? Petty achievements!   The religious believe in many things that are a "total mystery" and without explanation.  They believe that water can be made into wine in the carafe or that the dead may be raised to life.   How is that different from believing that an object can travel fifteen times faster than sound, in atmosphere, and make no noise?  As one example of a UFO "miracle"?

Peter, you advocate a religion, not science

John

Nonsense John.  Neither physics nor electronics can explain how headlights are reversible extnguished by a UFO, nor how remote killing of weapon systems on aircraft can be inhibited (as happened toa Iranian Phantom pilot). The Nimitz tic-tac flew away from  tis encounter with Cmdr Favor and within seconds was hovering at a assembly point whose co-orfinates  were known only to the pilots.  The technology is certainly not human. We can only hope they are not hostile.

Peter