SOLD - Dore Westbury mk1 drilling/milling machine

SOLD

My Dore Westbury mk1 vertical drilling/milling machine needs a new home.

Bench mounted with single phase Compton electric motor, the drilling machine is also designed for milling. 
Has a no 2 morse taper spindle with draw bar

6 Speeds from 1200 down to 40 rpm using the integral reduction gear box.

Base measures 18 “ square. Stands 30” tall, front to back 30 “ weighs about 50 kg. with milling cross slide vice fitted.

Includes aftermarket x/y traverse milling vice and fitted Jacobs 3 jaw drilling chuck. (See photos) 

A good workhorse that Operates delightfully with under 0.0005” run out on the spindle bearings.

The  limitation I have found when using it is that raising and lowering the head requires a screw jack.   A gas strut could be fitted to make all that easier or create the screwed sleeve system it was originally designed for.

more info about this type of machine.

http://www.lathes.co.uk/dore-westbury/

£100.00 ono 

Collection from Pinner in northwest London.

Cheers

Peter W

875B532A-59E9-4F03-8168-6095F803A76E.jpeg

210DD6F6-7A3C-48AF-A3A9-E04DC41845DB.jpeg

711DE999-FFB1-4984-B41E-766964231C44.jpeg

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT

That is very good value when compared against the lightweight tower drilling machines sold by Aldi, Lidl and Machine Mart even. It is even comparative with their small Clarks millers and if I didn't have one I'd be beating a path to Peters door, a good buy.

Mick Richards   

It will survive every piece of modern machine that can buy nowadays for 10 times more.

Waldi

• BlueTR3A-5EKT changed the title to 4 Sale - Dore Westbury mk1 drilling/milling machine
1 hour ago, Eddie Trickett said:

I would love to buy this but unfortunately too far away and I think transport would be too expensive.

Where are you Eddie?

Peter W

On 3/13/2022 at 8:01 PM, Eddie Trickett said:

I would love to buy this but unfortunately too far away and I think transport would be too expensive.

You are right Eddie crating and transport would probably be near the cost of the entire machine.

Peter W

• BlueTR3A-5EKT changed the title to SOLD - Dore Westbury mk1 drilling/milling machine
  • 3 months later...

Important Information

Please familiarise yourself with our Terms and Conditions. By using this site, you agree to the following: Terms of Use.