Fuel metering unit vacuum hose

Hi Guys and Girls

Would anyone be able to tell me the O/D diameter and the I/D diameter of this hose please.

I want to replace it with a coloured silicone hose and I am unsure of what size hose to order.

The one on Rimmers site says it should be 76cm. This can't be right, can it ????????

In the attached picture it shows as part Nos 21

Many thanks

David

Triumph TR6 Metering Units _ Rimmer Bros.html

1 hour ago, astontr6 said:

+1 Bruce, I am not certain that a silicone hose is suitable material for that application?

It will be fine. Used that extensively on mine. The wall is quite thick so no problems with it collapsing under vacuum. Totally unsuitable for forced induction though as it turns into a ballon too easily, not that that’s usually a TR  problem.

On 11/9/2021 at 9:10 PM, FatJon said:

It will be fine. Used that extensively on mine. The wall is quite thick so no problems with it collapsing under vacuum. Totally unsuitable for forced induction though as it turns into a ballon too easily, not that that’s usually a TR  problem.

It's used in lots of boosted applications.  I've never had any issues in the past as long as you use decent supplier; eg Samco, TWR  

Yes but that link was not Samco or TWR. I bought some nameless wonder 3mm silicone and at 25PSI it let go and closed the wastegate, the boost was spectacular but short lived. Luckily I also went cheap on the intercooler hose clamps which let go before any harm was done. So now I put my trust in reinforced wall for boost. 

Nothing intrinsically wrong with silicone hoses for vacuum purposes, but as with rubber hoses, they have to be suitably built to avoid collapsing under vacuum applications. Radiator hoses are built to take pressure from the inside and vacuum hoses the reverse.